It is that time of year! What are you throwing on the grill tonight?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Thanks you guys! I had a great time with my best friend from TX, but I'm glad to have things back to normal, I've got chores piled up to my ears!

Oh and what do you do when your predator de jour is a National Treasure??? I've been outside all morning chasing off a low flying bald eagle! :barnie

I'll be checking in from time to time...

Anyway, anyone ever grill lamb chops? I have some local pastured chops waiting to be defrosted!

(I used to grill year round too back in Tejas..can't say I miss it! :plbb Grilling and sweating and slapping off mosquitoes was not my idea of fun! I'm sure you guys have a better time of it though, lol.)

And Henrietta, you can't just say "fish"! You have to tell us how! ;)
Sorry, I didn't have time at that moment. I'll get back to you. Meaning, I don't know yet!! I'll probably sprinkle it with a little salt and pepper, maybe some paprika then throw it on the grill thingy that keeps it from falling apart. Easy and quick. We've got Little League at 5:30 :p

sslawlor

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
If I had my way I'd be grilling something nice and simple. I par boiled a mess of chicken parts (2 chickens worth) and divied them up into paks for indy meals. Froze them. Now I'd take out some breasts , defrost and throw them on the BBQ to finish them off.Sprinkle with some Adobo (everythings in it) seasoning and slice up over a giant salad.
Of course the key words here are "If I had my way". I loaned my LP tank to my Ex-husband 3 months ago. He never returned it. I went over and swiped it back, and it was empty:duc . I took it to get filled the day before yesterday and hooked it up. Well, it seems the darn spiders made nests in the tubes again. So no BBQ until I can disassemble the stupid thing. Now had I not loaned it....I would have been COOKING WITH GAS!:barnie:he
Sue

Soybean

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well given that we eat mostly processed, store bought food that you just pop in the microwave, we don't even own a grill. Though I have told my husband as soon as we move into our own place, we are getting a grill.

I miss grilling out with my side of the family. In the spring and summer, that is all we used to do. Mmmm. Darn it! I'm drooling!

If I get the chance to grill this year, I'll take pictures of the lovely result!