It works! hubby built hydrogen fuel cell.

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, my sweet husband had just had it with high fuel prices and started researching hydrogen generation for our autos. After books, prototypes , tweaking and the like , it works! My mini van was the best test subject since we use it only for my town trips that occur once a week to regular locations. 2 trips to town would normally have my gas tank on E. There is still about 1/3rd of a tank of gas! Obviously this is not a full conversion. We are taking baby steps here for sure. Its certainly very encouraging though. Our goal is to have a full home conversion by winter. I would be happy with the hybrid conversion but my sweet husband is truly motivated now!

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
we tried that last yr and couldnt get it to work just right may have to try again gas is now 3.51 per gal its un real:rant:somad

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Fill your gas cans now. They say prices will be over 4 bucks again pretty quick.

gotta love that!!

MetalSmitten

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
that's so cool! i don't have the first clue how to go about doing something like that. luckily i almost never use my car :)

but that's awesome!

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I would have to see a bit more info on how he has accomplished such a feat, not that it can't be done but in the efficiencies you state its hard to believe a person has the tooling to make such a precision animal. The biggest part is the cost of the platinum catalyst which can easily cost $1000 or more for a small cell.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rebecka

How's the van running now? Can you give us an update on your experiences, positive and negative?

My husband has been talking about this off and on for quite some time.

Ed Nigma

Power Conserver
Reaction score
xpc said:
I would have to see a bit more info on how he has accomplished such a feat, not that it can't be done but in the efficiencies you state its hard to believe a person has the tooling to make such a precision animal. The biggest part is the cost of the platinum catalyst which can easily cost $1000 or more for a small cell.
Not that this is the right thread to discuss this (or maybe it is??) , but, I would be interested in whether the device is a true fuel cell or what was called a hydrogen generator. The latter does not require such costly components and, as I have done, operate on solar power.

Latest posts