Its alomst Time to Plant

Want2BFarmer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I justed wanted to say that I tilled and doubled the size of my garden after work today....I know it is still a little early to plant but I am so excited I could not wait to run around the yard with the tiller. It is nice to feel the warmth of the sun again and be using something other than the snowblower.

May we all have a bountiful harvest the year :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more!! I am sooo stoked to get in the dirt! I am late getting my tomato seeds started....but, a man that works with my husband has extra seedlings and asked if we want them! Its a little early to get them in the ground yet...but, I will be getting Cauliflour, Broccoli, Lettuce,cabbage....I cant remember what else. I wasnt able to get mine started early enough, so this is a blessing for me! COME ON WARMER DAYS!! I want to get planting. HAPPY PLANTING everyone!! And best wishes for a GREAT harvest!!

jackiedon

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love working in the garden and the yard.

We have been tilling and building the soil in our new garden. I do have some onions planted, lettuce, beets and carrots planted but I only have a few onions coming up.

I do have potatoes planted in tires.

jackie

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We got our raised beds built but then wrecked our truck in the snow :rolleyes: so they are still empty! We are planning on getting a truckload of soil and putting in peat moss and horse manure from a friend's farm, we also have rabbit pellets to contribute and the chicken poo is composting as we speak! I can't wait to get them filled and start planting! Most everyone here plants stuff in late April anyway so I think we are okay...at least I hope we are! I'm in Va (zone 7).

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I am starting some seedlings in the house, got most of the garden tilled earlier, and we built one raised bed today.

Dh, who I had to actually talk into doing a raised bed, is now so excited over how the raised bed looks, he wants to build at least two more!!

FIL came down and assisted with the construction of the raised bed. He was so impressed with how ours looked, he's now thinking of building his own around his place :lol: I think I might have started something!!

xineohpoel

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I spent the day tilling and putting up temp bamboo fence for my gourds. I am so ready to plant things!

Want2BFarmer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am so glad to hear I am not the only one excited about spring. Lets get our gardens going and make this a great year....recession or not.;)

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I tilled last week and added another 600sf for a total of 5k now. I just ordered my seeds last Wednesday and they got here Sat. :ep That got me all fired up to get things going. I put up 6 tee-pees and 10 tomato stakes on Sun. Planted the peas, carrots, and beets today. Broccoli and cauliflower go in tomorrow. This weekend I'll start the warmer weather stuff inside. Oh yea. I'm 6b.
Hope everyone has a bumper crop this year. :drool

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had eight tiny Brandywine tomato seedlings on the bathroom window. Forgot to close the bathroom door and one of the cats went in there and ate the seedlings! Back to square one.

I have a bunch of seeds started in organic biodegradable pots in one of those mini-greenhouse thingies like Jiffy makes, but only the cabbages are above the soil so far. It's a start.

Yesterday hubby planted the beginnings of our "orchard", a semi-dwarf Reliance peach and a semi-dwarf Forelle pear. If we stick with semi-dwarfs, we have room for six more trees in that area. I'm not sure what to get. We live next to an 80 acre orchard of cherries and apples, and we are welcome to take what we can use. What else would be good for zone 6b? Suggestions?

Latest posts