It's gone very quiet over here...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thanks! Living vicariously through DH: he made a crayfish trap and put it in the river. I'm much less excited about this than he is! LOL

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hubby got back from California on Tuesday, so been busy. Have gotten quite a bit of work done outside I needed help on.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, @tortoise that sounds awful :hugs I hope this new development will help the doctors figure out what's going on and how they can help you.

@MoonShadows 22 years? It's time, it's time! ;)

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have been going non stop. Yesterday, after picking up allot of branches and large twigs out of our 2 and half acres, took a very very large trailer full of them to the place we deposit them. Cleaned the chickens very well. That always happens on every Saturday unless something is going on. Went to an event in the afternoon. We came home and moved the "dining room" chicks to an outside building. So so glad they are not "dining room" chickens anymore. Now it's time to clean the room...What a mess.....

Today we will cut the ornamental grasses and trim the weeping trees before they get leaves. We will pick up more twigs and uncover the cement and metal things left out in the gardens.

The gigantic tortoise wants to get out of this plastic once and for all.
rtort.jpg

Will be putting my deer deterrent out today, now that they attacked allot of stuff last night....:(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sure glad we don't have to worry about deer here. I've seen them all around us, but we've never had a problem with them. Guess the dogs help with that!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We have very few deer here, compared to you guys, but we have a LOT of rabbits. Some of them are the tiniest, cutest little things :love I'm not sure if it's a small species, or young ones.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nothing like chicken dust after raising chicks inside. It's worse than plaster dust all over the place.

Just bought a 25lb bag of Diatomaceous earth and spread it in the nesting boxes, around the floor of the coop and in a few dust bath areas. I think my chickens may have lice or mites. I've noticed them doing a lot more picking at themselves the last week or so. In 3+ years of having chickens, I've never had a lice or mite problem.

Also, bought a bag of pulverized lime to put down in the run.

The deer devour my flowers in the front yard each summer at some point, but I hate putting high fences around flower beds...kind of defeats the purpose of looking pretty.