jam ? what to do with all the extra...

ashylove1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i am getting started making jams and was wondering what you all do with the extras? do you sell it or just give it to family???

Ema

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ashylove1 said:
i am getting started making jams and was wondering what you all do with the extras? do you sell it or just give it to family???
:frow mail to me....hehehehehe...YUM!!

everyone around here who makes jam sell it at the farmers market for almost 5 dollars a small jar. Its so yummy I always buy some different flavours, this past fall I picked up Pumpkin patch jam a neithbour made and sold for 6 bucks for a 300ml jar and my dh fell in love with it. he puts a TBSP in with his vanilla ice cream...lol....

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
you have extras???
I use some for gifts...friends,family...and...well...we eat it! Really?? Extras???:p

okiegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
justusnak said:
you have extras???
I use some for gifts...friends,family...and...well...we eat it! Really?? Extras???:p
I've never heard of "extra" jam. That's like "extra" money! :)

ashylove1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
lol... i thought about selling it but our "local" farmers market is like an hour away. ill have to see about the tiny local one. and yes, i am making more than i can eat... i just opened up a jar from 2 years ago... luckily it was still good!:D

ashylove1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
lol... now if only i could find some raw milk....:D that would be good with my jam!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I give a lot as gifts, so that helps. There was still extra jam though (I really LIKE making jelly/jam/marmalade) so I had two kids. That pretty much took care of it :p

Pat