jars score & homemade boxes for your canning jars

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a great score!!! You made out like a bandit!! :thumbsup Canning jars are just one of the things in life that you can never have too many of. :p I love my old jars the best. I have several square ones that I never let go of, when I give away canned goods, it is always in the newest jars I have. :lol:
I have used old mayonnaise jars, but never in a pressure canner. Now I am saving glass bottles with screw on caps for all the vanilla and blueberry cordial I am making. Soy and teriyaki sauce bottles are great!

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
baymule said:
I have several square ones that I never let go of, when I give away canned goods, it is always in the newest jars I have.
Same here. Some old round ones, too. There aren't many Gem jars around here but I find Atlas jars from time to time.

I can't imagine having too many jars... But now I have to buy lids for these jars. I'm hooked on Tattler, so it's going to cost me.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
k15n1 said:
baymule said:
I have several square ones that I never let go of, when I give away canned goods, it is always in the newest jars I have.
Same here. Some old round ones, too. There aren't many Gem jars around here but I find Atlas jars from time to time.

I can't imagine having too many jars... But now I have to buy lids for these jars. I'm hooked on Tattler, so it's going to cost me.
Want mine? $5/dozen plus actual shipping

Un-used I have 6 dozen Wide Mouth and 2 dozen Regular Mouth.

Used between once and 4 times I have 4 dozen Regular Mouth.

OBO :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lovely offer, but I think shipping from your house to mine would be a little costly. :lol:

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
baymule said:
Lovely offer, but I think shipping from your house to mine would be a little costly. :lol:
The offer was for my Tattler lids. k15n1 has PM'd me :)