Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congratulations to you, your wife and you kids!!! :celebrate This is something you are not only doing for yourself but for the health of your entire family. It will be hard but you can do it!!!!

Great job Jay!!!!

gina

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Today's smoke free fact:

For every cigarette you DON"T smoke, is 7-10 minutes of your day you gain back!! Think of all the things you can do with that extra 2-4 hours! :D

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Like yesterday, I still remain a non-smoker and will continue to be. As I hit the first day and now put it behind me, I don't feel as if I am missing out on something, or that I NEED a cig, sure that nicotine monster is at it just about every hour. But he's mad because he is getting smaller and smaller every hour.

I had a weird trigger last night though, history channel has a new series running this week of WWII in HD and color. While watching I noticed that soldiers were smoking, and I could relate to that as being once each, a smoker and a soldier. So for now I will record that series and watch it later when my body and or mind stops trying to play addiction games with itself.

I also have not replaced the habit with something different. There is no void there to fill, I am not missing anything. Smoking is a killer backed by big industry that spends billions a year to trick people into smoking, or fear of quitting.

The nicotine addiction, the monster inside me right now, can kiss my grits..... Its not much of a slug fest, but there are moments...... I shall overcome this too..... :weee

As well, NCL, isn't it strange how your sense of smell comes back? I mean it hasn't been 24 hours just yet and already my body is changing?

ETA; Thank you for all your support, everyday while I battle this dang thing.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Feel the healing! Savor those things (sense of smell, taste, lung capacity, regular dopamine production) that are returning and take each one as a milestone :)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I agree about the sense of smell.....heck, In a year or so you'll be amazed what you can smell 'on the wind'. Things from yards or blocks away! Its amazing, and your taste will change, too!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
It'll be a whole lot easier walking during hunting too!

Go Jay go!!! :celebrate