Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Gas- $60
Vacation on Jays land with the deer, bears and turkeys in the middle of knowwhere, $5 a day.
Swimming in Jays pond with Piranha Blue Gills, PRICELESS.

I was going to request a reservation for 5 days but can't figure out how to drive from Mississippi to your place for $60 in gas hauling a camper trailer. Guess I could just throw my tent in the back of the Toyota along with my fishing pole and live off the land while I am there. And I do have a small request. Since I will not be taking advantage of swimming with those nasty little fish can we deduct .50 per day from my daily rate?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The radio issue was brought to my attention this morning, they offered a solution in order to listen to music while they work. The solution was, they all agreed to one radio station to listen to. I was fine with that and now that manchild is gone, no rap music sorry if you like rap, I don't like it at all.
When I worked for a large company, my department played "The Troubleshooter Show" followed by "Rush Limbaugh". My people had the option to wear headphones and play their own music. Some idiot from another department complained about my radio programs. My solution was "stay the hell out of my department"

:gig

As for the grape, we have 2. There were quite a few times we thought they weren't going to make it. It was an unfounded fear.
1002828nq5.jpg

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Peddlar, I'm glad you'd make the stay on your land so affordable. The drive alone costs a fortune $200 EACH way. LOL You are inspiring me to think out of the box when we do eventually get our land. It wouldn't be too bad an idea to have a little "camping" area on the property for backyard camping or to let other stay for a low, low price of $5.

I have a question for yall. How would installing a large pond effect mineral or water rights? If I had acreage, I would definitely want a stock pond and I'm wondering how this plays.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes, the grapes should come back. I just bought some today that have the same problem, leaves withered up from hard frost, and they assured me they would come back fine...(the guy I deal with at the garden senter is the same one I have been dealing with for years, and lucky for me HE knows everything :D )

EweSheep

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Grapes are pretty hardy!

Nope, never did like eggplant nor did I like them with anything.

I love pumpkin blossoms...the ones you fry up and eat. Perfect companion for fried chicken or fried fish! Yummy! Can not grow any in my garden because they do take up alot of space!
Got tomatoes in the garden as well as cukes and pickles and green beans that my DD spill all over the place. Now I have to sort which ones are weed and which one is green bean plant! :p

Sorry I dont like rap but love opera but opera is not for everyone. Even the Barber of Seville can enlighten one's mood! ;)

Sounds delighted to have a BBQ for the employees, and you must have appreciate them! At least all is well!

Wifezilla, those are beautiful grapes, can you tell me what kind they are? They dont look like Concords.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I wish I knew. Both of our grape vines were end of season "charlie brown christmas tree" looking clearance grapes. They were dirt cheap so we took a chance.

These are the grapes from "Audrey". They are a table grape of some sort...I think :p The grapes from "Seymore" only taste good cooked in to Jam.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
2dream said:
Gas- $60
Vacation on Jays land with the deer, bears and turkeys in the middle of knowwhere, $5 a day.
Swimming in Jays pond with Piranha Blue Gills, PRICELESS.

I was going to request a reservation for 5 days but can't figure out how to drive from Mississippi to your place for $60 in gas hauling a camper trailer. Guess I could just throw my tent in the back of the Toyota along with my fishing pole and live off the land while I am there. And I do have a small request. Since I will not be taking advantage of swimming with those nasty little fish can we deduct .50 per day from my daily rate?
I will be happy to meet your needs Ms. Wanda, however I must request I be invited to every fish fry in the evening.

I will have to take no less than .50 a day for a fish fry, and I will supply the buttermilk and flour. To save on gas, I will offer up my well seasoned fry pan to you. No need to bring your fry pan, mine is well used and seasoned.

I must have missed your offer if you could bring me something along the way? You know Gina is picking up bugs, so as a request, I'd like some cracklings and some fried rind. If you could swing it, some Banner Sausage. The rumor has it I make a tasty fried taters and gravy with a biscut on the side.

Why in the world would you want to sleep in a camper out here? Wait, rent just went up another $85 bucks a day. Hotel rates in effect now, tourist rates in full effect.
80c.gif

What???? I am business minded, how else do you expect me to provide such lavish retreats? LOL...

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
You drive a hard bargain. ummmm. I hear you have a job opening. Maybe I could work off my rent. LOL No wait...I have a better idea. I will let DH work off the rent. He is much more talented with metal work than I am. I will catch the fish and cook dinner, gossip with your wife and play with your kids.

Cracklins, fried rinds and Banner Sausage coming right up. LOL