Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Yes please do a b-line to Albuquerque New Mexico and pick Bugs Bunny up for DD to keep as a pet.
Thats okie dokie if you can't pick him up, I'll send for him via Acme Railroad. :D

Thats sounds like a good plain Wanda!!!!! Of course we (your DH and I) might play hookie and do some Walleye fishing.

Back in VA my old neighbor Gail taught me how to cook fish. She told me using buttermilk to marinade the fish in for 10 minutes before cooking, would soften and remove some of the stronger fish taste. When Gail showed me her fry pan, I almost fell over. :th

It was a 16 inch cast iron skillet, that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a few years. The sides had crusted burnt stuff built up on it, but the oil was fresh. I had to ask why she didn't clean it? Gail said she'd clean her fry pan every time she changed the oil with just mild soap and water. Every year or so she'd give it a good srubb down. Of course I thought she was nuts, till she let me taste her fried fish. It was the best fish I ever ate, it was so good, fall apart in your mouth, and the basic flour batter tasted like a Chef had made it. :drool

Well, after she shared her secret with me, I too have a fish pan, just not as big as hers. I am not much of a organ eater, but she could cook up some mean livers and gizzards ( pass the Tabassco please ). I cooked up a batch of Smelt just last week in my fish pan. Of course the kids aren't to fond of fish, I say-eat it its good for you.

I got some of my garden in last night!!! Everything else has been pretty laid back and not much going on.

I am having my face drilled today, I hate going to the dentist....:tongue

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
We don't have a "Run Screaming while pulling hair" smiley but that is how I feel about the dentist. I hate the shots in the mouth thing. I miss my old dentist. She knew me well and unless it was major we just took our chances without the shot. I think it had something to do with my rule. You hurt me and I get to hurt you back. LOL - Most dentist now look at me like I have lost my mind. She just laughed and said ok.

EweSheep

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Do you fry your fish over the campfire? Perfect for frying pans to be seasoned at the same time while you fry fish! Nothing like a good ol campfire...everything tasted GOOD!

I got a father in law that hates food being cooked or made by campfires. he said he can taste the "green wood" in food and the texture of food is different than electric frying.

I get raves when I cook things over the campfires. My pans love it! It is a challenge if you never cook anything over the campfire.

I got one frying pan that has crust built up on the sides and I was wondering if I should remove it but hate to lose the seasoning INSIDE the pan.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok so now I have a question about cast iron pans. I bought a 12 inch last year for open fire cooking. I made the mistake of bringing it in the house. I have now washed it with soap, which the directions said not to do. what do you all think the best way for me to get it back in shape might be. I have seasoned it after I used it with oil/ heat but it's just not the same.

By the way Jay, I have garden therapy twice a day!!! It's the only way I make it through!!
lol :)

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Good news and bad news..... No new cavity's, but I did loose a molar tooth today. Yes it hurts, yes it does throb, not to mention swelling.

Oh it was painful, I'd rather be hit in the head with a 2 by 4, than to have some one stand over me and yank a tooth.

This morning, oh my gosh, the pain, the left side of my face hurts, my jaw feels like it was hit with a baseball bat. :hit

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Sorry about the pain. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. Rest if you can and take it easy. Oh and do everything the dentist told you to do. Nothing worse than a dry socket so DO NOT do anything you are not suppose to do.

Now that I am through issueing orders - Hope you feel better soon.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ouch!!! Feel better soon. I say take a pain pill and go putter in the garden. Or does it hurt to bad for that??? I hope you feel better soon. g

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I say take an extra pain pill and nap it off in the hammock.

Inchy

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
He also used my other teeth to pry on, and my throat hurts from something, I am high on my perscriptions meds, codeine. I was playing boggle just a few minutes ago, I looked down at my key board and said " hummmm I can't write the word throat because the letters on my key board aren't connected ", thats how I knew I was high. :pop

Did the BBQ and decided to close the shop for rest of the day. :clap

I don't know G, working in the garden sounds good, but the suns a little brite right now. But I do have some work to get done, but I'm not going to do it unless my head feels better.

To be honest, I don't like feeling high. My mind doesn't feel sharp, and yes IW I could go lay down but I would be mad because nothing got done. I think when I come down in a little while, I will take some over the counter pills to take the edge off. :barnie