Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Lupin???

P1011221.jpg

Before adding compost
P1011223.jpg

After adding compost
P1011234.jpg

My Garden so far
P1011212.jpg
P1011216.jpg

P1011217.jpg
P1011214.jpg

I think its going to be a bumper berry crop this year, blacks, blues and rasps are just loaded!! YEAH!!!
p1011218.jpg
P1011242.jpg

I have maybe 150,000 ferns on my property, so relocated a few to the back side of the pond. I think they look pretty nice.
P1011239.jpg
P1011238.jpg

LOL..... I have so many ferns, that they will find any place to grow.
P1011189-1.jpg

Last year I had a Red Winged Black bird take nest in the cat tails over the pond. Well sadly their one single chick fell into the water and died. Looks like they have returned this year and have been improving their nest from last year.
P1011230.jpg

Now this little Large mouth bass is only16 inches long, maybe 2 lbs, but she is staying guard over her nest and chasing all the other fish away.
P1011229.jpg

EweSheep

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Beautiful! That pinkish flower looks like foxglove or lady's slipper. Not for sure!

Do you know of the history of your land? I bet it would be one of the founding father's land! :p

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Watcha got planted around that tripod thingy? And while I am asking questions, LOL. Is that string you put it together with?

You always have the bestest stuff.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Peddler, that is a lovely lupin. After Ewe said it may have been other plants I had to google them (well, blackle.com) to see what I could find. The leaves aren't right for either of the other two. Nice specimen you have of the pink variety. It looks like you may have more in the future from that picture.

jfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Peddler I love your journaling.. always very interesting.. love the pictures .. has given me some great ideals.. :thumbsup

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Beautiful pics, ped. Your garden looks great. I especially like the tall trellis. It reminds me of a harp waiting to be played.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Well my jaw is starting to feel better, I still have a little pain and its still tender. :)

I wasn't sure if it was a foxglove or lupin, it sure is pretty, so I put some compost around it this evening.

Oh your wondering what the pickle factory, (Purrdee Pickle Factory), has planted around it? Well I'm not tell'en because its a secret. :plbb Yeah, I will replace the Jute (string) when I find some good wire or nylon, I mean it will last a couple years. But there is no sense taking the time to build something if you can make it better and get a couple more years out of it.

I know, I found another one by the blueberries, I thought those suckers were some kind of weeds. I won't pull any more out though. I am going to transplant the third one next spring.

Thanks jfarm, I hope you try my potatoe basket idea, its a winner!!! :thumbsup

Thanks punkin, that feature has been properly named now, Jacks Stalk, thanks to DD who was quicker than anyone else in the family to find a good name for it... In a month and a half I am hoping it will look like a GAINT BEAN STALK.... I suspect that the top will be a curly mass of vines when it gets growing.

Taters are going nuts, the ones that came back are slow but coming around. My replant basket will be up in another week. The last basket I planted is touching the 18" mark on my basket. I planted this one later because the seeds weren't here yet, which tells me I jumped the gun a little in setting them in, I hadn't figured a late frost.

Ckickens are doing great...... Grass eating fools!!!!

Now, I have a Guinea Fowl question...........................

What is the best way to imprint them so they will come when I call them in???? Quail do you know? TIA

Hope your week was good, have a great weekend, and get out there and pull some weeds. LOL..... :p

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
In my expirience, unless you have a special little guinea thats only ever had you for anything, there are not too many ways a guinea will come when you want it, aside from when they hear the feed can. They come and go on their own time, very indepedant birds. If you free range them they will have the run of the place.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My guineas will come when called.....mostly......for sunflower seeds. I feed them a cup of BOSS every morning and every evening no matter what, and I can now call them in anytime by calling, "Guinea-guinea-guinea!!" But once the seeds are eaten, off they go, bothering the neighbors!

That is a lovely lupin, it should spread. I'm not so sure (no expert here) you want to put too much rich compost around it, since they grow wild in Northern Maine and seem to prefer ditches and roadsides with poor, sandy soil. I miss them, they are so lovely! Nothing like a patch of lupin in pink, purple, and white.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Just beautiful!
I've only had one guinea. She had an addiction to McDonald's french fries!!