Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I am so sorry! My prayers are with your daughter and you and your family. Please update us as soon as you can!

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OMG! Prayers going up from here!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
They removed the plastic bullet from her temple, and she has a few stitches to close the wound. Her eye is black/blue on one side, and it looks very painful. Doc gave her something to help her sleep last night, I am going on 1.5 hours sleep.

I am so bleeping mad at myself, because I know this wouldn't of happened if I just would have stood firmer on my own gut feelings. Instead, I tried to meet DW feelings in the middle and these are the results.

So what happened? Wouldn't you know it that she was over Dales house when this happened. His son, 8 y/o, has full use of this weapon at will. I was not, nor my wife was aware of this till after DD was shot. She was shot at nearly point blank range and the round was lodged under her skin. It was a huge swollen mass and the blood was everywhere.

I found out that those weapons are not sold to minors and you must be 18 y/o in this state to purchase one. I also learned that safety gear is used while playing this game.

I really need to gather my thoughts on this matter, I am too emotional right now.

DD is going to be fine, but she will have a scare. I doubt I will just sit back on this one. Please pray for me and my anger, I wanna put my hands on this guy and give him a good shake and ask him what the heck is going on in his brain.

The most important thing is the safety of my family, thanks for your well wishes.

I hope he doesn't come over here today, he'd be a fool. I need to relax a little and take a bottle of chill pills.

:somad

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am SO RELIEVED that all worked out well in the end. Yes it is hard to come to terms with any bad accident, but relax and take that chill pill and come down off the adrenaline rush....whew....

She will be fine and so will your family. This is where you must just be thankful that all are well!!!!

I am very happy for your family!!!

thanks for posting back so fast cause it is terrible to hear bad things happening and not know.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am so relieved to hear your dd is doing well. We were all very worried last night. I think maybe some sleep will be the best thing for you now. Go snuggle up and rest. You had an emotional night and that is taxing in itself.

I must admit MP. My son is turning 9 next week and he asked for an air soft gun. He and his friends play in the desert with them. I bought it two days ago. I am seriously re considering now.

I am sorry your family had to go through this but thank you for sharing it with us. gina

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I am so relieved to hear your dd is doing well. We were all very worried last night. I think maybe some sleep will be the best thing for you now. Go snuggle up and rest. You had an emotional night and that is taxing in itself.

I must admit MP. My son is turning 9 next week and he asked for an air soft gun. He and his friends play in the desert with them. I bought it two days ago. I am seriously re considering now.

I am sorry your family had to go through this but thank you for sharing it with us. gina
I'd think twice, maybe three times before giving your son such a weapon. Here's a photo of other wounds I found on google. The name air soft really makes it sound less dangerous doesn't it?

bbdamage2.jpg

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Why in the world am I thinking about A Christmas Story movie right now? :lol: Its funny, and all good till some one gets hurt.

I talked to DS last night, who I am also upset at, because at 13 y/o he knows the rules of handling guns. My DW is big time anti gun, coming from England where guns are against the law. I myself as you know believe that I have a right to carry and also I like to hunt.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Don't go down the "guns are bad" and all that road just yet.
You are too emotional at this point and I am sure your wife is not a happy camper right now. Time for cool down. It must be that way or judgements are made in a highely emotional state.

I was shot point blank range just under my eye with a BB gun. Thankfully not a pump action type. No one went overboard, I got treated, came out fine in the end, and the thought of losing an eye just blew by me, being a kid of course. Parents were upset but it was all us cousins running around playing on a holiday. No one was mad at my cousin, no one went overboard. BUT of course all the lectures to the kids on how to handle guns etc. were started...LOL

After all of it we still played with our BB guns and WE LEARNED never to point guns at faces (which we knew but this sure cemented that lecture now)

Never be too upset at a kid. A kid is a kid. Kids do kid things and that will never change. And that kid also feels horrible right now I am sure.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It really sounds like there is some training needed with the airsofts. Yes, they are fun, but they can also be misused. We are adults and we have airsoft wars. However, we ALWAYS wear eye protection and we will not allow a kid to touch (unless supervised) any of the higher powered airsofts. See, there are different speeds to these "toys", some reach up to 1000 ft per second. If you think about the fact that there are real handguns that only travel 800 or so ft per second... well, you'd be better off getting your kid a lightweight bb gun. Or at least one of the lower powered airsofts. The ones that go 100-150fps aren't much more than a light sting.

Plus, I second what farmerchick said.

So glad your daughter is well. That had to be scary.