Java. the end.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Whew...that was one long, hot, rabbit show. DD did very well! Placed 5th for showmanship - very proud of her because we went into it blind. There was no instruction prior, only info we gleaned from other members and odd emails this week. Then her rabbits placed 2nd and 3rd in their class, so that was awesome. :celebrate

So, my doeling goat that I'm trying to sell knocked one of her horns/scurs off last night. I thought it was an actual horn but I guess not :idunno It was all crusted over and pretty clean this morning and didn't look like it bled much at all so it's fine. But now I have a one-horned goat, and I couldn't sell her with 2 horns so I can't imagine how I'll gt rid of a one-horned goat :p Maybe I'm supposed to keep her :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Javamama said:
But now I have a one-horned goat, and I couldn't sell her with 2 horns so I can't imagine how I'll gt rid of a one-horned goat
Advertise her as a uni-horn! ;) :lol:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My goat has on and a half horns, not really sure how it happened. but I bought her becasue she was in milk. The right owner mightcome along. :)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:gig That was darn funny Farmfresh. I'll probably giggle every time I go out to see them now :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey baby! are you headed off for the fair again?? hows the heat for ya? ugh!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No fair today. My daughter is sick and just threw up :sick - from too many hours in the heat and I'm having a autoimmune reaction brought on by it. My hands are all broken out in bumps and are swollen. Happens every year when we get this heat + humidity. Thank God for air conditioning so we can rest and recover. Hubby stopped in on his way to work to feed the bunnies and he will go back tonight.

I'm not milking today because of my hands. I let the doelings out to take care of the milking.

It smells swampy out there today from all the rain we got last night. Yuck.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh no! sorry baby.... stay cool for sure. and yep it sucks out there. boo!

*hugs*

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I hope you feel better Java, I have been hearing about your record heat in the news. We won't even get above 70 today, I wish you could come visit. I never even put away my winter clothes this year yet.

So you get a rash when it gets hot? What can you put on it?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm feeling pretty good as long as I stay inside.
My hands break out in small hard bumps on the palms and fingers and they feel swollen and stiff. It's more of an annoyance than anything. It usually clears up in a few days if I bump up my supplements but if it doesn't I can get a cortisone shot. I have my worst outbreaks when the weather is hot and humid, which I partly why I love winter.

I'd love some of your cool weather SD. As long as it doesn't come with rain :D