Journalist Files Charges Against WHO and UN regarding H1N1

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I actually get bad reactions to the flu shot. I worked at a job once where EVERYONE got it. Boss paid for it so he wouldn't have people out during the busy season.

I had this HUGE knot at the injection site that was red and HOT. It stayed that way for over a week and it hurt the whole time. It drove me crazy. I would have rather had the flu.

I have food intolerances...chicken eggs being one of my triggers.

Needless to say I wont be getting the shot regardless. Give my dose to Big Daddy :D

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When I worked in a nursing home all the staff and residents would get flu shots. I refused year after year. Some of the residents died. Typical with any flu.

Who didn't get the flu? Me.

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I have food intolerances...chicken eggs being one of my triggers.
Don't they say that if you have allergies to eggs or egg whites you shouldn't get the vaccine?

I get the flu shot and so do the kids. DH won't take the time to go in and get the shot. He's the one who get really sick with the flu. I'm the one who is at high risk in the family.

I'm not real sure about the H1N1 and bird flu vaccines though. If it takes so long to develop and produce enough of the regular stuff that we've been doing for years, how can they have these others ready so relatively quickly?

Reaction score
Bring em on. I'll save them and sell them when all the vaccine is gone and people are dropping like pigs. This paranoid reaction to anything the gov does may work out as a form of population control. I hate to see kids suffer though. Ive been getting the flu shot for about 10 years now. Haven' had the flu for about the same amount of time. Of course I wash my hands a lot and always use that disinfecting stuff whenever I shake hands.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Mackay said:
When I worked in a nursing home all the staff and residents would get flu shots. I refused year after year. Some of the residents died. Typical with any flu.

Who didn't get the flu? Me.
Same here. Never get flu shots. Each year's flu vaccine is developed from the previous year's strain of flu, which means the vaccine is always a year behind the actual predominant strain that develops each year.

Bring em on. I'll save them and sell them when all the vaccine is gone and people are dropping like pigs.
Sounds sorta like a good candidate as an employee at a pharmaceutical firm! :lol: Lets start a scary "pandemic" of bird flu or swine flu rumor, conveniently have a vaccine on hand for when folks panic and rush to get it and charge a good price.