Just a suggestion

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Backyard Pheasants should be covered over in BYC under other poultry, there just isn't the demand for a separate forum - but I think you knew that.

Backyardgoats.com is owned by someone who won't sell it, Rob has tried. He is working on this, patience, grasshoppers!
Yes, I know. We were just messing around, Backyard Pheasants though. How great would that be? :p

amos, I believe that the TGS is the same setup as the backyard sites. Just a little smalelr font, and a smaller different color change. the font is a bit too small for me though, and I don't have goats. :)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
TGS is a phpbb type of forum, which is like a hosting template for people who want to make a forum, as far as I know the Backyard series are more of a custom made type of site.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
There are two forum platforms I far prefer over any, V-Bulletin and Simple Machines. I actually prefer the Simple Machines, there are tons of options for both the users and the admins/mods and it seem to be well supported, plus it's free. V-Bulletin is also well supported, but it's big bucks.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
ticks said:
reinbeau said:
Backyard Pheasants should be covered over in BYC under other poultry, there just isn't the demand for a separate forum - but I think you knew that.
Yes, I know. We were just messing around, Backyard Pheasants though. How great would that be? :p
Yes, you are right Reinbeau, we were just having fun with pheasants. Or the idea of pheasants. . . . pleasant pheasants! :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
ticks said:
reinbeau said:
Yes, you are right Reinbeau, we were just having fun with pheasants. Or the idea of pheasants. . . . pleasant pheasants! :D
So funny that you should say that, Drake! Years ago I went to an estate sale and found this enormous, cut-out lettered sign for a restaurant called The Pleasant Pheasant. I bought the word "Pleasant" for $1, but could find no earthly reason for buying the "Pheasant". Wish I had known ticks back then...could have given him some really enormous signage for his coops! :lol:

I painted the Pleasant sign(approx. 6 ft. long!) and used it in my huge front room as a sort of art deco thing. It now resides on a fence bordering a country gift shop in my home town.

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
in case someone didn't already say it, for goats, you can use backyardherds.com. it has a specific section for goats.

i love and am a member of all of them, this one, bychickens, and byherds. :D