Just excited

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I will post some of the projects. So far nothing too spectacular just made some sawhorses. I had the braces but needed some wood to make the legs and crosspiece, well thansk to the find I now have a great set of sawhorses and the have made things so nice around here as far as odd and end jobs go.

Brew

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i almost had a fit when you said you cut up 16 foot long 2x4 s to make saw horses. lumber that long is very expensive [at least around here] a 16 foot costs about the same as 3 8 footers. Maybe if you had to buy you would hsve more respect for your materials?

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
no wood story...but...
my son works doing retaining walls ect...
he called..his boss wants to clear out the warehouse, of all the leftover job bricks...
I am getting a dumptruck full of bricks for the price of gas...to deliver...
do i really want a dumptruck load of bricks maybe not...but...he is wanting to come up weekends to do the work
so I will see him more...so it is a win win...
the other weekend he came and built me a cascading pool waterfall down the hill...neverthought i wanted a waterfall but it is nice..i love it..

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Granted lumber is pricey but this was free. I needed good sawhorses and this lumber fit the bill. With all of the pallets and crates I have gotten lately I have plenty of lumber for projects. Still have 48 feet plus of the free stuff as well.

Win win.

As for the load of bricks that sounds awesome. What to do with them IDk but sounds like a problem to have.

Brew

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OMG
I would love to have the bricks!! At our last house, we practically paved our smallish back and impossible to mow side yard with Coffeyville bricks. We had weaving planting beds, two garden ponds with koi and goldfish, lots of plants, a few trees...... it ended up being just a magical garden. We estimated that we put down 7000 bricks, all scrounged. Just a sand base, few little flower seeds sprinkled to come up between some bricks.

Now those dang bricks are selling for $8 each!!! (or so we were told - LOL)

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BrewCrew said:
Granted lumber is pricey but this was free. I needed good sawhorses and this lumber fit the bill. With all of the pallets and crates I have gotten lately I have plenty of lumber for projects. Still have 48 feet plus of the free stuff as well.

Win win.

As for the load of bricks that sounds awesome. What to do with them IDk but sounds like a problem to have.

Brew
Your wood, your option... good luck turning your "shorts" into 16 footers if you ever need them.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
~gd, don't you think you're being kinda rough on a new member? No wonder people don't hang around here for long. :/

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Why is it that some folks just enjoy being hurtful and mean spirited? Is it that they think the only way they can make themselves feel better is by stepping on other folks?

It's a shame because some of these people are very experienced in life and have so much that they could share with others if they chose to.

An old friend told me once that:

"Sometimes it's more important to be kind than to be right"

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
No intention of feeding the trolls. I am enjoying my sawhorses though.. Used them all day today. Anyway no harm no foul. Enjoying the site and sticking around.

Brew

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good for you, Brew!

A good pair of sawhorses is one of the best tools you can own. I messed up a couple years ago and bought a hard plastic, folding pair. Not the best purchase I ever made.... :/

Latest posts