Just got my first BREAD MACHINE!!!

barefootfarmer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SO excited folks. Just got my first bread machine the other day and tried it out last night making some Amish bread. I must admit, I thought my first few attempts would not turn out that great, but it was awesome this morning! The whole family loved it! Maybe I just got lucky, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Now...give me your favorite recipes!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You will love it! I bake bread alot more now that I don't have to knead it myself...but I only use my bread machine as a mixer then bake it in the oven in a loaf pan. I like the taste and texture much better that way

Here's our fav family recipe

Antique white bread

1 1/8 cup water
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp sugar
3 cups flour
1tsp salt
1 pkg bread mach yeast

Put in in order given.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had memorized the basic bread machine recipe and really liked using mine. Then it fell on the floor and came a bit apart.....it was kinda put back together and used. Then it was used so much that the teflon started getting scratched and a few times we had to rip bread out of it.....at which time, I just got fed up with it and used the same recipe, but started doing it by hand in a big bowl and baking it myself. Actually I find it relaxes me. Plus it takes less room on my cabinet.

desertcat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Nice to know I'm not the only one that had a bread machine that thought bungee jumping would be fun! :th Mine did that last weekend, a nonrepairable adventure. I'd been using the basic recipe that came with it, but I also have a copy of Uncle John's Original Bread Book that I think we will start eating our way through. May find something dh likes better than plain ole bread.

barefootfarmer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
You will love it! I bake bread alot more now that I don't have to knead it myself...but I only use my bread machine as a mixer then bake it in the oven in a loaf pan. I like the taste and texture much better that way

Here's our fav family recipe

Antique white bread

1 1/8 cup water
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp sugar
3 cups flour
1tsp salt
1 pkg bread mach yeast

Put in in order given.
Sounds awesome! Question...how many teaspoons is "one pkg of yeast"? I dont have packages, just a jar.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1 pkg = 1 tbsp = 3 tsp :)

(usually)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I looked that up yesterday and on the sites I looked at, it said, 2 1/4 tsp. :hu