just noticed my straight bladed shovel is starting to crack (on the blade).

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
wah! i get a lot of use out of this shovel so it has well paid for itself many times over the years but still...

i will probably get another five years out of it. i think i can start budgeting for a new one now...
It will eventually gonna happen... I mean if you usually use it, Cracks will surely occur... I wouldn't believe it if that happened just months after.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
wah! i get a lot of use out of this shovel so it has well paid for itself many times over the years but still...

i will probably get another five years out of it. i think i can start budgeting for a new one now...
Pretty Important that you should friend. the way we live our lives, shovels are very essential.. buy a new one and take good care of it.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

No doubt.. My shovel actually lasted 6 years.. It broke by the handle... I'm actually thinking to just replace the handle and improvise... I'm just looking for a more sturdy alternative..

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so far with the wimpy winter we've been having i've hardly had to use it to scrape the drive. i use it to peel off any compressed snow before it can get turned into ice. really saves on not having to use salt (we don't even buy the stuff). we have had so little snow to shovel that we're both rather grumpy about not being able to shovel...

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It will eventually gonna happen... I mean if you usually use it, Cracks will surely occur... I wouldn't believe it if that happened just months after.
Hows your new shovel? Did you buy one? I purchased one 3 weeks ago. But I still use my old shovel, I have it for a contingency plan... :D:D:D:D

Latest posts