Just thought I'd share a little story

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I hate that too....I have seen people with freshly manicured nails and crazy expensive cell phones buying their kids crap with food stamps. I don't get it. I also hate to hear an aquaintance of mine whine about how she can't buy her kids shoes and pay the bills but she can have the nails, cell phone, cigarettes, and booze.

I get so ticked off when parents put their wants above their children's needs. Then we wonder why kids grow up wanting every little toy and gadget they see. "Oh be careful little eyes what you see..... "

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh it was ok I just wanted to put another point of view, yes it can hurt when the whole story is not out there. So don't worry You're still my friends;):hugs And I do understand how fustrating it is to see people with there priritys wrong, In todays world there are so meany fingers in how to raise your kids u dont know what is right or wrong or up and down LOL so we all just have to keep learning. belive me with 5 of the little buggers running around every day is new :barnie

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In our school system the kids have a balanced lunch. Basically 2 lunches. I packed 2 fruits/veggies something sweet like granola bar or fruit to go,pudding,applesauce then something salty like crakers or pretzals and a sandwich ,sent in a bottle for water and the school said my kids didn't have enough food, Phone calls home and to child services, then I decide to bring in snacks to get the calls stopped, almost all was processed prepacked foods, that was ok?? calls stopped and they were happy?? This school is also supposed to offer healthy snacks and a BF program free and advertised so that one would think that it was ok to use it, they actually write down what kids eat! I mean they have a list to shows every apple! So stupid! anyways they seem to feel a good lunch has to be over flowing with junk!

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
dntd said:
In our school system the kids have a balanced lunch. Basically 2 lunches. I packed 2 fruits/veggies something sweet like granola bar or fruit to go,pudding,applesauce then something salty like crakers or pretzals and a sandwich ,sent in a bottle for water and the school said my kids didn't have enough food, Phone calls home and to child services, then I decide to bring in snacks to get the calls stopped, almost all was processed prepacked foods, that was ok?? calls stopped and they were happy?? This school is also supposed to offer healthy snacks and a BF program free and advertised so that one would think that it was ok to use it, they actually write down what kids eat! I mean they have a list to shows every apple! So stupid! anyways they seem to feel a good lunch has to be over flowing with junk!
All I can say is.... WHAT?Craziness.

Oh and I'm not sure who asked earlier about the garden but yes we have one thank goodness.But we live in the city so it's out at my MIL's house. I just brought home a bag full of cucumbers and lots of baisil.:D
So yeah , it's hard and we don't always eat the BEST things, but we eat .