Just wanted to say....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have a dump station but, not allowed to take anything. Yep. Such a waste as some things are perfectly good and you know "one person's trash is another person's treasure"' Wish the had an area where perfectly good things could be up for the taking. NOPE. They feel we will "rummage through" & leave a mess for them to clean up.:idunno

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's awesome! I do most of my own building too. I don't really have a stand alone coop - I tend to repurpose other building and stalls and pens. I did build a chicken tractor quite a few years ago. I know there are quite a few here who do most things themselves. We're a pretty self-sufficient group of folks! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We love pics! Congrats on your build....how large of a coop did you build and what style did you choose?

I built my current coop...it's a hoop coop that started out very spare so it could be moved, then morphed into something quite different and hasn't been moved since then. It's 12ftx10ft with an attached doghouse.

cluckmecoop7

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We love pics! Congrats on your build....how large of a coop did you build and what style did you choose?

I built my current coop...it's a hoop coop that started out very spare so it could be moved, then morphed into something quite different and hasn't been moved since then. It's 12ftx10ft with an attached doghouse.

Its my own design so a bit hard to explain....but I'll get pictures as soon as a can!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I often pick up canning jars at my "town mall" aka town dump, often brand new, still in original box, with lids intact. I get a ton of building materials, kitchen goods, material for sewing projects there! Best of all is free mulch and compost.

cluckmecoop7

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's awesome! I do most of my own building too. I don't really have a stand alone coop - I tend to repurpose other building and stalls and pens. I did build a chicken tractor quite a few years ago. I know there are quite a few here who do most things themselves. We're a pretty self-sufficient group of folks! :)

Thanks! I like to be self-sufficient!!!