JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Glad you're all OK! That's scary. I had a trailer come off once-the person helping me hitch it up didn't do something right. But at least we were on a side street near a friend's house. We put the horses in her field while we got the trailer back on the hitch. Other than messing up the chains, there was no damage.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
when you have an adventure you go all out huh?!
congrats on the piggies, i think youll love em!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes pink fox, I am truly excited to have them here. Not only is it one more step closers to being totally self sufficient...but a little money maker on the side as well. These babies sell for top dollar...I of course will let them go a bit cheaper if they do not want them registered. (ie:butcher pigs castrated) When I do an adventure...I DO go all out! LOL
Now to sell these goat babies...2 boys, 2 girls. One doe had triplets! 2 girls and a boy. Time to finish planting the gardens...and then while waiting on them to grow, I can get down to making my hard cheese, since I am already getting a gallon a day, on ONE milking!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The pigs are settled in just fine. I have had a few reasons to go in the yard with them, and they are so docile...they come up for a back rub, then go lay down and just watch me go about my business. I will be headed out there in a few minutes to put in their watering pool. Yes, they are going to be a bit spoiled. :)
Yesterday after hubby mowed, I raked up some of the grass..and tossed it to them. They loved it!!
99_dsc04164.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those piggies are so cool - I just looooove pigs! :) Glad to hear they're so docile. It's one of the breeds I'm considering for breeding. Do you know about what they weigh when full grown?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
Those piggies are so cool - I just looooove pigs! :) Glad to hear they're so docile. It's one of the breeds I'm considering for breeding. Do you know about what they weigh when full grown?
It was my understanding that they get around 200 pounds....however, I am SURE this male is closer to 300. He does have small tusks, but he is so sweet....LOVES belly rubs. :love