Kamakazi Deer

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Friend of mine got tired of her husband hitting deer and rolling the car, so when it came back from the shop the last time, she attached 4 wheels from old skateboards to the top 4 corners of the car and told him that was in case he rolled it again. :gig
:th That is funny!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
http://www.kltv.com/story/36808441/deer-crashes-through-drivers-window-lands-in-front-seat

KILGORE, TX (KLTV) -

A Kilgore woman is recovering from shock after a deer crashed through her windshield.

"It started like it was going to cross the road ... then it took off and ran toward the car. And the next thing I know it was in the car," says Alice Hunt.

Hunt was driving to work Thursday morning on FM 2276 when she spotted the deer near an intersection. She says she slowed down almost to stop but was surprised when the deer began to charge toward her car.

"I think it broke its neck. It bent the frame of the car," she says.

Hunt said her immediate reaction was to get out of the car as fast as possible.

A few years ago, she says her husband's uncle was killed when he hit a deer and the animal kicked around in the vehicle and broke his neck.

"So that's all I could think about, 'I gotta get out of here,' " she says.

Hunt's neighbor, Shannon Baton arrived shortly after the wreck.

"I was on my way home and she was just a woman in the middle of the road and I thought, 'Oh my god. Something's happened,' " Baton says.

Initially, she thought a tree had struck the car or fallen on a person.

"I thought I was about to see a badly injured person and I thought, 'What am I going to do? ' " she says.

Hunt's phone was in the car, underneath the deer so she used Baton's phone to call her husband. Highway Patrol was also called to the scene.

Hunt was uninjured but says she was shaken up.

Fm 2276. Holy cow. Jumped in the car with this lady. Thank you Jesus she’s okay.

23244138_1914750575208818_2870379613209200508_n.jpg

23244382_1914750608542148_5908227203580995185_n.jpg

Was she playing rap on the radio? That's enough to drive any animal or human crazy!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A couple months ago one morning hubby was hit on the driver's side back door by one of the Roosevelt elk we have here. Luckily the bull wasn't running too fast. Just a dent and the antler brow tine rubbed a mark at the top of the window and door. Hubby wasnt going fast and stopped. He said the big guy stumbled back a bit, looked at him, then sauntered off across the road how he had been going.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Crazy! Yeah we have them everywhere too. The moose are what really scare me. They'll kill you, doesn't matter much how "safe" your car is.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So strange to me to read about deer being unusual in some areas. Deer are..... e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e here. I see deer almost daily. I spring and fall, it's unusual to go driving (especially at dusk) and NOT see a deer (or five).

I have been in the car during 2 accidents hitting deer. One of them my dad was driving when I was a teen. He had stopped to let the first couple deer pass. Then a third one came running aross the road and ran into the side of our (stopped!) van! Lol!

I've also hit deer 3 times. Once in the middle of the night in Iowa on a road trip. Once on an icy road, hit the deer, fishtailed, and ended up in the ditch - totaled my car. Once while driving DS10's friend home! I saw motion in my peripheral vision, but the deer ran int o me before I "saw" it.

The scariest one was driving home from DH's family in winter. DH was driving, it was nighttime and heavy fog. That doesn't slow down his driving, which is terrifying. He drove over a hill (speed about 65 mph) and there were 2 deer in the middle of the road. I close my eyes and wait for impact. DH drove right between the deer. They were so surprised they didn't move. Unbelievably, he has no memory of it.
They are not very intelligent animals from the sounds of things. Thankfully they are pretty rare here, compared to you guys. I've heard of so many people I know hitting them, they sound like a huge problem on the roads by you.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That one running into the van like that… But then mind you, I had a CHILD run into my car while I was driving one evening. And not a young one either, 7 or 8, old enough to have more sense. Thankfully he was unhurt, but goodness, he scared me!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:lol: Sums them up pretty good!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Many, many years ago when my kiddos were younger, and my Vet's kiddos were younger... I gave them a really spoiled pygmy wether. That goat, that goat.... he was the clinic mascot for a lot of years. One year, right around Halloween.... he stuck his head in one of those pumpkin buckets and fell in the pool - and drowned! Poor goat... and the vet's poor kids! I think the vet was secretly ok with it, lol.