Katahdin sheep

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Think how much money, sweat, etc. will be saved with you nature-powered lawn mowers. We definitely want a couple when we finally have our own place for mowing, lol. DH already mows down all my flowers anyway.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
When I had my hair sheep, my lawn looked like a neatly groomed English estate at all times...they even ate the weeds and grass around the fences, the base of the structures and trees, etc. Sure gave my old John Deere a good rest and saved me time, money, and effort. They didn't eat it too short....they ate it just right.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I saw a thing on TV years ago about cemeteries that had a flock of sheep to take care of the lawn.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That would be an excellent use for sheep! Though sometimes they can scratch quite vigorously against fence posts, fences, buildings, etc., so they may just knock over a headstone or two in doing that. They also like to climb...can you just see those sheep standing on the larger stones? :gig Now, THAT would be a cemetery I wouldn't mind being sunk into...a peaceful, bucolic sheep field. :D

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol, I remember a book I read to my daughter many years ago that took place somewhere in India about a sheep that ate grass in lovely patterns. They eventually put him in the park where he made mandalas that everyone enjoyed.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I raise Katahdin sheep and can't sing their praises enough. I have a lot of information about them on YouTube.

My channel is Thunder Ridge Homestead

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSszsnCNuz0fFUinYBLX4Yg

This is my latest video about how and why I halter break my lambs that I am planning on keeping.

If you have a lot of questions about them I would be happy to tell you what I have learned over the past few years keeping them. I am not a sheep expert yet, but I am working on it!