Kefir - I LIKE it! And question....

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I tried some kefir yesterday, and I like it! :weee OK, so what I tried is the stuff you can buy in the store that I've read enough to know isn't REALLY kefir, but still, I liked it ;) Does this mean I stand a good chance at liking the real, honest-to-goodness thing?

My concern was that I don't like yogurt (specifically, the aftertaste), so how could I possibly like kefir? Well, what I drank yesterday did have a sour, very yogurt-y taste, but there was no aftertaste! :celebrate THAT I can handle! :clap

So, does this mean I very possibly would like the real deal?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I don't like either, so I only have kefir in a shake or in a dip or salad dressing because it is SO good for me. Did you have a flavored kefir? They are usually loaded with sugars, that may be why it was so yummy. Or you may just like kefir over yogurt!

It is so cheap to make, it might be worth it for you to jump onto the kefir bandwagon and give it a try!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There are different stages when making kefir. Depending on how large your grain has grown and how long you leave it the taste will differ.

It's a science experiment. Your just have to find what works for you. I sweeten mine too.

:idunno

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I don't like it straight up. i usually strain it, then season it, either sweet like a flavoured yogurt, or make a dip out of it with chives, garlic etc. The whey i use for lactofermenting. If I do use it without straining it, I use it in a smoothie. Becasue it is so good for you. It might be different when Iget fresh ra milk, but that will be a while. I can't even breed my cow until next summer.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Wait, you got a cow?? Wow I'm so behind the times! Congrats!

I have hypoglycemia and have avoided sweets my whole life b/c of it. I guess I learned to adjust. Plus I'm lazy and adding anything would mean more work. :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
MisstheNorth, you should update you thread with some new pics. How is that little one doing???

g

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
MisstheNorth, you should update you thread with some new pics. How is that little one doing???

g
I'll go out to the barn and get some fresh pics of the herd this morning, I'll be heding out soon to do chores. :)

Latest posts