keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Grumpy Pumpkin said:
I know people say that you can't get to know someone over the internet (well, dating sites say it anyway) ...

Most people that I have encountered on here are fabulous and just what I needed. It is good to find people that aren't obsessed with clothes and cars and shopping and the more lifestyle. And imagine that....less really is more. ...
GP, as you can see from the dear comments made by Farmfresh, Dace, Quail_Antwerp, and BeccaOH, I have some very excellent friends here. And I have made friends here that haven't commented. But we all have a desire for simplier life and great life values. Kind of like the first century Christians... doing the same things and living life the same way... while honoring Christ. ;)

If you post even a generic location in your profile, you may find you have some ss neighbors that are physically near you.

I love you, my friends! :hugs

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
keljonma said:
America's commercial advertising has been lying to us....I really can be happy without an "Instyler" hair contraption....ha ha.
We haven't had tv for 7 years, GP. I had to look that up. :lol: :gig
I do have TV and I still don't know what that is. :idunno

But, then again, I don't really care. :lol:

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
46 this morning when we woke up. The sun is trying to make an appearance, but we do still have some drizzle. It is 49 as of 9:45am and we are supposed to reach 55. The forecast calls for sunshine all week-end. But we are having a simply gorgeous NE Ohio autumnal day! :cool:

DH is at the Habitat House helping to lay the concrete blocks for the foundation. I am clearing out the stuff from storage that doesn't require two people to lift.

Tonight our UMCF (couples group) is having a clambake and bonfire at Kathy & Greg's place. Cost for the clambake dinner is $3 per person for your choice of clams, shrimp or chicken as the entree. Plus everyone is supposed to bring a side dish or dessert. I'll probably take the Brown Rice Cranberry Salad, since I've had a request for it. Much easier than fighting with the oven for a dessert! :lol:

Have a grand day, everyone! :frow

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Morning, Kel. Hope things go your way, the new place sounds wonderful but the lack of work makes it tough to decide. We would love to move to a place with more land but it just seems like we are meant to stay here for a while, you know?

We have really got to get a cookbook together!!! :lol: You have soooooo many wonderful recipes on here I just can't get over it!!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Kel....I was going to make some of the coffee mixes that you shared with me and have a question!

When your recipe calls for cocoa, you mean the sweetened kind for hot chocolate correct? I am guessing that it is was unsweetened you would have specified that, but just want to check!

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Dace said:
Hey Kel....I was going to make some of the coffee mixes that you shared with me and have a question!

When your recipe calls for cocoa, you mean the sweetened kind for hot chocolate correct? I am guessing that it is was unsweetened you would have specified that, but just want to check!
:/ Did I miss the coffee thread?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Just about 6 pm and just got home from ServeFest at church. Great day - but I am tired! 18 pints and 24 quarts of applesauce made today.

ETA: 44 at 6:30pm, 40 with wind chill.

Weather forecast says we are going to reach a low of 32 tonight!