keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
His appointment is at 8:15 am. I'm not sure how long it will take.

I'd love company if you're up to it. :lol: Haven't seen you in half of forever!
Well if you want to come the day before you are welcome. If you do not want to do that, just email me the address so I can mapquest it and I can try to meet you there. TR will be working nights but I am not sure of what his hours will be yet - I think he starts at 4:30 pm.....

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
In the low 40s and the sun is shining. TR is off work this week-end, so we are having fun (after we check email). :D

Forecast is calling for winter storm next week....

Have a great week-end!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We had sun that one day. We have had rain since Friday night. We have also had temps near 40 or in low 40s so the snow is melted (although not completely gone). In fact, we've had so much continuous rain and snow melt that we are under flood watch this week. Snow comes back to our area tonight and tomorrow.

I got a begonia when I went to Koinonia in October and have managed to kill it. I can't ever seem to keep begonias alive.... a true personal flaw.

So far my Bright Lights Swiss Chard has not sprouted... I will give it a few more days and then start another planting. I am impatient for green growing things! :lol: I have some sweet peas and some English peas I would like to plant now as well (indoors).

The BREATHE session TR & I went to Friday night at church was great and *very* thought provoking!

If you are interested, Rob Bell's work can be found at nooma.com

and BREATHE is found here..

http://nooma.com/nooma_breathe_014_rob_bell.php

Praying for QA & her dh, E, who has an appt tomorrow for pain management for his back.

Off to do errands. Have a great day!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:frow He Kel.....I love that you are starting seeds already! Seedlings always make me happy :weee I hope those Bright Lights kick into gear...I grew those a couple years ago and loved the colors!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We have sunshine and 18 today. Our forecast for the rest of the week calls for 2 to 4 inches of snow and temps in the low to mid teens for us.

I am thinking of making garlic and herb soup today, maybe I'll throw some homemade noodles in it too. This weather is perfect for soup!

This morning TR saw Bright Lights sprouts - yellow, red, green! :clap :woot

We still haven't gotten a schedule figured out for TR's new shift at work. We have been sleeping in and it throws our entire day off.

Yesterday I drove down to Youngstown to meet up with QA & E while they were at his appt. But between TR letting me sleep in and 15 minutes I spent lost in Youngstown, I missed QA & E by 20 minutes! :(

QA - I have some more egg shipping boxes for you, some maxwell house coffee blue jugs and some cook books. I hope the weather clears up and warms up soon so we can get down to your place.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I planted the Bright Lights last year in the flower bed right by my front steps. Pretty enough for a front garden and I LOVE to eat the stuff. It is a relative of the beet you know. I love beet greens as well ... especially Bulls Blood beets! :drool

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Kel, this will be the first year I plant some chard and was wondering if you eat it and what does it taste like? Would it be good for salads?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
It tastes a lot like spinach Bee. It is best cooked when larger but if you pick young leaves it is good in salads too. I love to make omelets and add chopped chard in with the mushrooms and cheese. YUMMY!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thanks, Farm! I've always been curious and I figure the bright lights just may be a good sell item on my roadside also and good to give to livestock if they get too big.

My mother had never tried chard and she said she never had luck with carrots, spinach, raddishes and such (she had very poor soil). This year? She is in for a treat! I am planting every spare spot with things such as this and trying new things like the chard, kale, chinese cabbage, etc.

Latest posts