keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Last night I went to a 1-session study at church called IMPACT. How to make an impact on an individual basis (as opposed to as part of a church group). It was pretty interesting.

Yesterday TR and I did some grocery shopping and bought gas. Like the grocery QA uses, our local grocery offers a shopper's reward gas program. Yesterday we got 70 cents off a gallon! It was really great - gas is selling for $2.59 here....

We are getting more snow. ....

Tonight is the chocolate fest and I made a Rigo Jansci (pronounced Reego Yanshe), which is a Hungarian dessert. Chocolate sponge cake topped with chocolate whipped cream and a second layer of chocolate sponge cake and then completely topped with a chocolate ganache. YUM! I love family recipes! :lol:

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Last night I went to a 1-session study at church called IMPACT. How to make an impact on an individual basis (as opposed to as part of a church group). It was pretty interesting.

Yesterday TR and I did some grocery shopping and bought gas. Like the grocery QA uses, our local grocery offers a shopper's reward gas program. Yesterday we got 70 cents off a gallon! It was really great - gas is selling for $2.59 here....

We are getting more snow. ....

Tonight is the chocolate fest and I made a Rigo Jansci (pronounced Reego Yanshe), which is a Hungarian dessert. Chocolate sponge cake topped with chocolate whipped cream and a second layer of chocolate sponge cake and then completely topped with a chocolate ganache. YUM! I love family recipes! :lol:
The Rigo Jansci sounds heavenly!
We have a store like that too, but I've never gotten more than a dime off per gallon - that's okay, every penny counts.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We have gotten 10 inches of snow this week..... blah!

TR is looking for jobs in Austin, TX as he is missing the kids something fierce.. :) I'm sure shoveling snow has nothing to do with this ... :p

Not a bunch going on here.... I'm planting basil this week indoors.

I forgot to bring the Rigo Jansci recipe to the library with me - have to do that another time.

Have a great day and stay warm!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
That chocolate dessert sounds heavenly!

What is up with looking for jobs in TX.....is there another move in your future??

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
No, Dace, we don't have plans to move.

TR hasn't had a vacation (except for a 2 day trip to WI to visit relatives) in 3 years!! We have been talking about visiting our ds & his dgf and then take a trip to visit dd, dsil & the grands. When I got to go to TX last, TR had to stay home and work and take care of the animals. TR still has not met our youngest grandson, who will be 2 in June!, so he is really looking forward to this trip.

We are still trying to figure out logistics and money and care for Titan, but we were hoping for a 1 week or 2 week vacation this year..... maybe not all of it in TX.

Anyway, TR was looking up info on Austin, which is where ds and his dgf live. While looking up info on Austin, TR saw that there are a ton of jobs available in the area, So I heard about the jobs while we were sitting here in the library. :D

The area where dd & grands live is small country area and while a beautiful area, there aren't as many jobs available. So when TR was looking up information on their area, I heard about fun stuff to do. :D

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
SUNSHINE AND in the low to mid 30s this week-end!

TR and I were just at our Beek Association monthly meeting. He sells them for $47 built, not painted. One of the members built a hive body and next month the demo will be installing bees.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Thanks, sylvie! It was a lot of fun to do, but not back from the printer yet, so still waiting to see the final product. Pretty exciting stuff.

Are you enjoying this winter weather? I hear we have another storm headed our way later today.....

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
41 yesterday and plenty of wonderful sun! TR and I went to church and then had a quiet day at home. :D

25 last night and 37 this morning. Everything here was covered in ice this morning. TR said the deck stairs were pretty treacherous. Our area has another winter storm headed towards us and forecast to hit us tonight.....more snow.

One of our friends, Don, had some 1 year old carpeting he didn't need anymore, so we gave it to us today. Some of it is a beige color and some is a dark blue. The blue is indoor/outdoor carpeting and is still rolled up in the kitchen right now, as we are trying to decide whether to use it in the mud room or in the upstairs bathroom.

We have the beige pieces spread out in the sun room and in the living room.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with the chairman of the church board of trustees to discuss the new range for the church kitchen. The person who donated the money is getting worried because we haven't purchased the thing yet. So now the trustees want to go over everything I have given them. In my mind, there is only one place to go, but obviously the chairman isn't convinced. :/

Hope everyone has a good day!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We're getting a bit of rain down here. I'm hoping it washes more of this snow away!

The chickens and turkeys were able to get out again. They're enjoying their freedom.