keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
I love the pics of your chickens! Makes me more antsy to get some chicks next spring to expand my flock. I have a large Buff Orpington named Emily who went broody twice on me this summer. When she goes broody next spring I want to give her some chicks after she sets fake eggs. Then I can have some more fun girls around!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow that was some trip!
and you got to meet the new baby.
Any pics. I would love to see baby pics!
:)

I am sure it feels great to be home. As much as I love travelling and camping and such, coming home is a real treat!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
The same mechanical pencil for 20 years? The only thing I have kept for 20 years is my DH, well, 20 in Dec. :gig

Congrats on the new baby. I'll bet you had a blast with him.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe if she is distancing herself from part of the flock they are considering her not part of the flock. My former broody hen was in a different coop with her babies for 10 weeks and now that she wants to go back to the layer flock she is getting picked on. Even though they all free-range together.

I love your pictures. You have such beautiful scenery! And there is something about old farmhouses that I love! :)

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I dont know. Maybe she lost her place in the pecking order and they are re- establishing it? I would post this over at BYC to get a better answer. Sorry.