Reaction score
Cute baby, pretty eyes!
Nice pics
I am sure you loved holding him!! :)

wow you sure have some chicken drama happening..LOL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have never had to do this to ROO, but maybe this would help you, IDK.
Whenever I am in the yard I try to let the roos know they are not allowed to jump the girls (they can when I am not there tho). Someone over at BYC has had good luck with a technique like this for aggressiveness in roosters. When they try to do the DEED, I grab them by the neck (hopefully interrupting the deed) and hold them to the ground. I place one hand on the neck (cupped around with finger nails placed on the ground) and one hand on the back so they cant squirm out. I hold them like that while I tell them NO in my gruffest voice. I hold them till they stop trying to get away. Then I let them up. Maybe this would help with you with your youngest roosters if you decide to try it. It may work with the older rooster too.
I do love my ROO. If I ever let babies hatch, with him as the father, I will send one to you.
Good luck.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea the distance must be hard to handle cause you just want to get your hands on the little kids! :)

nice pic and looks like a beautiful day with the sun shining! :)

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I havent seen that behaviour from my roos and hens. I feel for ya. I was hoping that might help you. Please keep this updated on how she is adjusting (or them to her) again.
I love babies. so cute. Then THEY GROW UP!!!!