keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow that was some trip!
and you got to meet the new baby.
Any pics. I would love to see baby pics!
:)

I am sure it feels great to be home. As much as I love travelling and camping and such, coming home is a real treat!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
The same mechanical pencil for 20 years? The only thing I have kept for 20 years is my DH, well, 20 in Dec. :gig

Congrats on the new baby. I'll bet you had a blast with him.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe if she is distancing herself from part of the flock they are considering her not part of the flock. My former broody hen was in a different coop with her babies for 10 weeks and now that she wants to go back to the layer flock she is getting picked on. Even though they all free-range together.

I love your pictures. You have such beautiful scenery! And there is something about old farmhouses that I love! :)

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I dont know. Maybe she lost her place in the pecking order and they are re- establishing it? I would post this over at BYC to get a better answer. Sorry.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is a good idea.....rest. She could have a pulled muscle that is sore. Rest is good.
When I read this, it made me think of the roos I have in the yard. I will be glad when there are only two left, maybe three. There are three roosters that are constantly jumping "the girls". I put them down and it works while I am outside. It is so pitiful to have hens around your feet for you to protect them FROM MOST OF THE ROOSTERS!!
My ROO is a gentleman. He will do his dance around the girls, if they are not interested, he stops and moves on. If they are interested they drop, he gets on and it is done. If he finds food he will call the girls to him. The other roosters are not like that, well maybe BOB is.
Give her rest, good luck.

Cute baby and Grandma, lol.