keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Sounds like my hubby and my dad and my papa! All the most important men in my life can't sit still! Even when my dad's arm was broken he still drove the tractor and tried to lay brick everyday. When my papa fell off a ladder and broke his back I practically had to sit my then pregnant butt on top of him to keep him from going "up to the top of the hill" and fiddling with his tractors. The man is in his sixties and in a back brace and he want to go bushhog and mow....puh leez! My hubby gets so bored so quickly...I can always tell because if he runs out of things to occupy himself he starts to open all the cabinets in the kitchen and graze! At least your husband cooks!!! :lol:

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
What a great guy!

Here's a blast from the past for you:

His Majesties Tomato Basil Soup

1 Lg can crushed tomatoes
3 family size campbell's cream of tomato soup
1 lb cooked bacon, crumpled
1 tsp tabasco sauce
1 1/2 c dehydrated onion (pulverize in food processor)
1 1/2 c dried parsley
3 tbsp dill
1/4 c celery seed
1/4 c dried basil
1 lb melted butter
add milk to desired thickness
serve with popcorn instead of crackers
serves 30 people

I went to a holiday high tea at a church in Madison put on by Rabbit Run Community Arts which had the Madison Chorale performing period carols in costume. Someone at our table mentioned that this fantastic soup was from His Majesties Tea Room. I remembered having this! Somehow only our table was given copies of the recipe. Thought you'd like a copy.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
keljonma said:
sylvie said:
What a great guy! Here's a blast from the past for you: His Majesties Tomato Basil Soup. Thought you'd like a copy.
Thanks for the recipe, sylvie! I never knew they used Campbell's soup in their recipe.... Were you part of the church, the chorale or RRCA? Or just decided to attend the holiday high tea?
You are welcome.
I always go to see the Chorale where ever they perform because they are sooo talented! I know their best soloist, but only just met her this past year.
I attend many plays but not a member of RRCA.
Not part of the church but the ladies from the church at our table were absolutely charming. They bused in Red Hat ladies from Wickliffe, too.
I didn't know they would be serving anything other than tea and cookies as they have always done. Quite a surprise with gift bags, too; hand beaded ornaments, gift teas, chocolates, cookies and a long stemmed carnation.

I about fainted when I saw the amount of butter used until I saw it was for 30 servings, LOL.