kid watch, IT'S A BOY! pix p. 6

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Will you keep me sane? My city-slicker urbanized friends don't want to hear another word about the goat.

I am at the point of going out every night between 10 and midnight to check on her. I wish she would just deliver, on the other hand, I hope she keeps her legs crossed at least a couple more weeks! It is too cold here!

Read all the stuff, checking her ligaments 50 times a day, I think I might be massaging them into oblivion! Peeking under her tail, measuring her udder and teats, inspecting the holes she digs in her deep, deep bedding.

:barnie Aaaarrrgh!!!! Just came in, and she didn't get up when I went in. But it was just to give me heart palpitations. She got up, had a poo and a pee, stretched, belched, and went to get some food.

I think I'll go do the same, myself.....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Free! Can't wait for the baby/babies, huh? I bet they will come when you least expect it and be just fine! You, of all people, know that nature has its own rhythm and will not be rushed by mere humans! :lol:

Where's dac when ya' need him?

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be....
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be-eeee!

:gig :hugs

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Of course I KNOW all that, Bee! But it all goes out the window for me now!!!!

Kinda like what my RN aunt told me once....it is considered "routine" unless it is happening in YOUR family! Then it is a crisis!

Of course I had to read on another forum about someone finding two kids frozen.......

Double :barnie :barnie

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yes! If I had been a nurse when I was having my own children, I probably would have been more worried about the outcome! :lol: Ignorance is bliss! The knowing of what could happen is sometimes worse than anything else!

I won't tell you about my sister's goat...... ;)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I won't tell you about my sister's goat...... ;)
Yes, :duc about the sister's goat! I was going to comment on the neglectful situation of that goat, but it only got me more worried, since Mya was grossly neglected and has only had about 7 weeks of decent care here. And some of that included my well-intentioned stuffing grain into her until she got sick!

Now she is getting sprouted grain to up the protein. I rinse it with ACV in the water to reduce chance of mold or other pathogens. There is some interesting research out there on the increased food value of sprouted barley....in as little as three days, available nutrients go from 30 to 80%!!!! And protein jumps to 23%!!!

And it give me something to "do....."

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
And I only give her about 1.5 lbs per day divided into two feedings.....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
There is some interesting research out there on the increased food value of sprouted barley....in as little as three days, available nutrients go from 30 to 80%!!!! And protein jumps to 23%!!!
I must have read some of the same stuff, because I'm going to do this for my sheep during flushing times. Save me money on buying extra grain or if my mangels aren't holding their own.

My Mom is giving me a huge shallow pan, approx. 4 ft. x 2 ft. for this purpose. I'll probably section it off into halves and keep a rotation of sprouts going in it for these times.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Get a baby monitor and save yourself some stress. I bet you could find a used one or if you asked around, borrow one from a friend.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Free, I know just how you feel! Except I had NO clue when my Nan was due, and fully expected her to kid on Mid December. I was quite shocked when I found her in the barn with a kid early morning in late October. ;) I had missed the birth by mere minutes.

Nugget is a real stocky chicken feed thieving pain in that patootie now!