kid watch, IT'S A BOY! pix p. 6

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
OK, she had a slight change this morning....I think her ligaments have softened.....anyone experienced with this? The Fiasco Farm site said they would feel like pencils and then "disappear," and this morning I had to feel a couple times to find them. They are still find-able but softer.

Waddaya think?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have no idea what your going through. But thanks for sharing your experience. Eeekkkk I don't think I could handle the anxiety.

Sprouted grains are great for people too. They are one of the recommended things for long term storage. Greens with high protein and you can plant them if you need to. Fancy that.

keep us up-dated. gina

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
The worst thing is having to go to work and leave for hours and hours!

I love Alvarado Street Bakery sprouted grain breads, have been thinking of trying to do my own....another project, another day. Too busy with goats and building turkey pens and nest boxes right now!!!

Mya wasn't sure about the sprouted barley at first, now she gobbles it up. I don't sprout to the leaf stage, but will have to work on that. I just have buckets, not trays, but I have my eyes open for something I can use. Mold becomes an issue the longer the sprouts sit. So I try to feed in 3-4 days. We must have mold spores in our environment. We have a wet basement and have had two major roof leaks, one with a ceiling collapse, so I'm sure there are mold spores just waiting for a damp spot to grow on.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Just did night check, dh brought her in for me while I was at work. Now I know what the fiascofarm.com site means when she says the ligaments disappear!! They are GONE!!! So that means I should have kids in 12 hours.......if Mya has read the same articles the I just read.....Does anyone know if goats can read? Can they work the mouse and go online with those hoofies of theirs? What are the chances that she knows she is supposed to kid tonight?

She must, since it is stinkin' COLD here tonight!!!!! :barnie

Off to pull out my fleece scraps for emergency kid-coat making!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
1:00 AM.....much bigger udder, feels tight. No ligaments.... Must....get.....sleeep.....

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Ligaments are truly gone when you can almost close your fingers around the tail head- when they are gone, you will know. I have had does go for two weeks with almost no ligaments.
I hate kid watch too. Every year I think that it is not worth it. But I would feel awful if one of my girls was suffering. Then those darn little cuties are playing around their mom and I just have to do it again.....................:rolleyes:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
No, and not much sleep, either! Now she is talking to me. I've never, ever heard her voice, and she just softly baa'd at me 5 times. Her udder is even tighter, she doesn't clear it when she pees. I didn't clip her yet, as it has been so cold her, I thought I'd wait until the very last moment.

She also pee'd 3 times while I was standing there, more new behavior. All little amounts. I watched for the arching back that indicates contractions, and her tail is still upright, not curved down, and her back doesn't arch.

She did a lot of strange stretching yesterday, especially if I touched her belly. I think she was re-positioning the kid(s).

I have to make a decision as the whether I go to school in an hour or not! I am going crazy.....what if I cancel.....midterms, a big deal, me in trouble......and there is no kidding? What if I go to teach and Mya has trouble?

Oh, the perils of living in a goatless area!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
She'll wait until you are gone and surprise you with triplets!!! :lol:

This is exciting! Maybe you should set us up a web cam on the goat and we can watch her for you while you are at work?! Leave a contact number so we can call you if something happens......