Kind of obvious - Hang out your clothes

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
River Runner, welcome to the forum! :woot

We always freeze dried our clothing also and then they were hung up on clothing rods in the rafters, where the wood stove did the rest.

I have clothes line in my attic for rainy weather, under the overhang of my cellar house for rainy weather and a clothing rod right next to the chimney upstairs in my room for cold weather drying. The old folks who built this house had it all worked out...and I just moved right into that convenient set-up! :D

steve_of_sandspoultry

Turkey Steve
Reaction score
We sold our clothes dryer, we hadn't used it in 2 years so it was time to go. :) We put a small "overflow" chest freezer in it's place. I think the dish washer is going next if we can get anything for it

Steve in NC

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
So do you all want snow for Thanksgiving? I have some blankets that need washing and I could hang them out if you want snow....

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
steve_of_sandspoultry said:
We sold our clothes dryer, we hadn't used it in 2 years so it was time to go. :) We put a small "overflow" chest freezer in it's place. I think the dish washer is going next if we can get anything for it

Steve in NC
Hi Steve!!! :frow :welcome

Almost a year ago you gave me some turkey advice, and now my pair of BR's is free-ranging with my chickens, guineas, and goats! Thanks!!!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
So do you all want snow for Thanksgiving? I have some blankets that need washing and I could hang them out if you want snow....
no no wait till after thanksgiving. please :p