Kind of obvious - Hang out your clothes

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yes! And I can make gas prices drop by up to $.10 each time I fill up my tank....never fails...I fill up and the next day the price drops!

DianeB

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
krjwaj said:
We hand our clothes outisde whenever practical and add a little fabric softener to the wash before hand. For the sandpaper son: Haven't tried it yet, but I learned on here to use vinegar as a softener, too.
Vinegar allows more soap to be washed off the clothes. I add it to the rinse cycle to be most effective.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well, my clothes line has now become the support line for the aviary netting. It was necessary to enclose the area after hawks (or owls...not sure) got 2 of my ducks.

Me and clothes lines haven't done well this year. :p

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Well, my clothes line has now become the support line for the aviary netting. It was necessary to enclose the area after hawks (or owls...not sure) got 2 of my ducks.

Me and clothes lines haven't done well this year. :p
Sure they have. They ended the Colorado drought and protected your ducks! Maybe you can hang another line and see what it will do. :p

I used to have a laundry line with a picnic table near it. Save me from lots of bending.
That rolling laundry cart must have been nice. Maybe one day...

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I've got one load hanging in the cellar, another in the living room. I did dry a load of towels yesterday in the dryer, we were out (thanx to my son who leaves them on his bedroom floor - he got a good chewing out for that little stunt :rolleyes: )

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just finished folding tons of clothes off the line from last night.

That SUN let me get tons dry wtihout having to use the stupid dryer yesterday. Wind whipped good, dried faster than I thought.
Yippee!

One small load this morning which will be hung out...finally caught up from the drizzly rainy weather!

I hate being behind in a clothes pile! Drives me nuts..LOL

Not using the dryer saves SO MUCH money and I like that.:p

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a pretty 2-3 day stretch so I can hang out quilts, sheets and bedspreads. It's supposed to be nice through Wednesday. It's 33 now, so I'm going to wait a couple more hours. :rolleyes:

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
We have a rectangle of line strung in the basement next to the woodstove. It's so nice to hang in the warmth of the basement! Plus, it adds humidity to our house, which we need this time of year.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
You guys inspired me with this thread. I'm hanging my clothes in the basement and I really like it!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
My new "clothes line" is the side panels of a kennel we got from our neighbor when she moved. We were thinking of possibly using it as a broody pen in Spring. Hubby calls it "duck jail". LOL

I had sleeping bags, quilts and blankets draped all over it a couple of days ago....hence the snow we just got. I will be sure to hang something out there on Christmas Eve to make it snow for everyone. :p