Kinder Goats

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Another thing I like about them is that can be bred year-round and typically have multiple births. I also think I would be able to sell the kids pretty easily in this area.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
If I had goats or wanted goats, I'd want to be able to breed them year round. The seasonal breeding would probably agitate me... :p

cwgfarm

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Kinder R goats can make a good homestead goat for many people, but right now the main registry that registers them trademarked the name so unless we can change that you have to be careful about what you call a Kinder goat. If you are a Kinder breeder or want to be and are in the possibility of stopping this trademark thing please contact me.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I would not sell an unregistered Kinder as a Kinder. I would sell it as a Pygmy over Nubian cross. And if I wanted to start my own line of "Kinders" I would have to start with a registered Nubian doe and a registered Pygmy anyway and wouldn't even be able to register the offspring as "Kinder" until the 4th or 5th generation. I'm really just after a good dual purpose goat with a stronger emphasis on milk.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have been doing alot of research on Kinder goats, they originated here in WA state.

I'am in touch with several breeder and will be picking up my first set of does on Sunday!!

I'am so excited, a have 1 unregistered doe already and also 2 unregistered mini mixed does.I just love these little cuties.

I'am selling out all my larger goats to start a mini herd.

We are also going to be starting our own line of Kinders.This is going to be so much fun and yes a little work.lol

Kinders give great milk and usually about 2-3 pints per goat per day,it has wonderful butter fat and when butchered there is only

about 20% loss. Wehn kidding a single birth is very rare, the world record a muliti birth is 6 kids,but that many is very rare, mostly

twins and trips.

They eat less so you save on the feed bill,can have more per square acre,and need less barn space in winter.

I think they are a great choice.

marthemoo

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I've been raising Kinders for 10 years, I love them. They are a really nice size, which makes them easy to handle. Their milk production is very good too. The amount of cheese you get per gallon of milk is amazing because of the high butter fat. The people who have purchased bucks for meat have been very impressed by the amount of meat on them. I'm in Central California if you are interested in registered Kinders.