kitchen thingy WTF is it?

luvinlife offthegrid

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
As others said, it's for making sauces or juices. Try cookes apples or tomatoes and running them through. The screen strains bits of pulp or seeds out your finished product. I have a newer version of the same thing, and a lot of mine is plastic. Google "Roma food mill". Enjoy your sauces! These are fun to use.

Edit-I see others talked about the screen already.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
after looking at tons of stuff online and emailing pictures to my sister (to show my Dad), and all kinds of speculations from everyone. i found one for sale online just like it missing everything i'm missing its a food mill. that you everyone for participating in this experience in kitchen crazy!

I do believe luvinlife offthegrid had it right! thank you for helping!

ps. does anyone have the other parts to it?

luvinlife offthegrid

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well I believe others had it right first.

Is there a make and model etched somewhere on it? I'm sure there has to be something online for those old things. Let us now what you find!

Try cooking whole tomatoes with some onions and spices and run it through your mill.

Just Me

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
You might find replacement parts for it in Lehmans catalogue. They have all kinds of things like that.

Liz Demag

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
It is for canning. you can put tomatoes and other things in there it takes out the pulp and seeds for things like sauces and juices. Very cool we have one, makes life easy !