Ladies - do you wear size 6 shoes?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I finished my son's little boots, they're SO cute - I decided to add my own take on the pattern to make the boot narrower.

The width fits my foot perfectly - so I'll have to make myself another pair nice and narrow like these.

:lol:

SANY0676.jpg

SANY0675.jpg

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:gig He's in bed, hasn't tried em on yet! :gig

I'm going to have a go at making a pair for my little one - she's only 4 (almost 5) but I think I got it now! (we'll see) :lol:

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Dace said:
Nice little slippers....I want some too!
How long did it take to make them Wildsky?
I stop and start all the time so its hard to say - thats why I like crochet, I don't mess it up like I would knitting when I have to stop.

I made 3 slippers yesterday (The two for my son, and one for my daughter to try it)

I used the Crochet Pattern from Fiber Trends, I have the knitted pattern as well which I'll try - I've never felted anything before these - I made my own pattern for a pair of cute little slippers, once I've figured the felting thing out - I will change my own pattern to be able to make felted slippers of my own.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Dace said:
What is felting? I read it mentioned in an earlier post.
Basically shrinking the wool.
I crochet (or knit) the item really really BIG - then I have to wash in my machine 3 or 4 times on SUPER hot with jeans and balls in the machine to "beat" it up a little, and it will shrink smaller and smaller - making a FELT. Super warm and it molds to your foot. The trick is to get the knitted or crocheted item the right size, and its hard to KNOW - LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a pair of slipper booties from about 5 christmas' ago from Tony. They are butt ugly...LOL..but determined not to raise the heat at night, I put those suckers on and my feet were toasty last night!

I mentioned to Tony that instead of raising the temp. on the heat this year we are dressing appropriately. Ya know, no t-shirts and shorts in the house with the temp on 74! Ain't going to happen this winter.

Your boots look sooooo toasty warm!