Ladies....help me out on this one UPDATE

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
When I say 'I' I mean I want to ummmm....slip a couple drops in DH's drink and see if it works! :lol: If I do it on the sly then I will know if it is mental or physical.
This is SO true! Whenever I have a "crackpot" theory about something-I write it down, then test it on my husband. (But I haven't tried a couple drops of something...I usually do my testing by eliminating or adding a food.)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh, ya'll are killing me.....I see GF in my future. My grandmother just tested for celiacs and my dad gets really sick if he has gluten too. Probably something I need to get off of.

Hi, my name is Lori and I am a breadaholic. :frow

I come from a long line of biscuit eating women. We eat bread with everything. My kids are bread junkies too. Looks like I may need to read up on gluten info.

I haven't tried any alterations to diet or herbal supplements yet. I don't want to go off the cymbalta cold turkey. I have some 30mg that I tried downsizing to before but I was a raging B*&%!

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. Thanks for the pms ladies....you know who you are. ;)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Oh, ya'll are killing me.....I see GF in my future. My grandmother just tested for celiacs and my dad gets really sick if he has gluten too. Probably something I need to get off of.

Hi, my name is Lori and I am a breadaholic. :frow

I come from a long line of biscuit eating women. We eat bread with everything. My kids are bread junkies too. Looks like I may need to read up on gluten info.

I haven't tried any alterations to diet or herbal supplements yet. I don't want to go off the cymbalta cold turkey. I have some 30mg that I tried downsizing to before but I was a raging B*&%!

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. Thanks for the pms ladies....you know who you are. ;)
My sister in law was able to go drug free once she went gluten free.
Celiacs is generational, so you very likely need to get the whole family off of it. Being addicted to gluten containing foods is a sure sign of an allergy.

Get this though. If you stop all gluten and feel better, and I mean TONS better, you will naturally have extreme will power to never eat it again. Especially if you get "glutened" later on. Talk about getting sick!

And don't fall for all the "required" gluten free foods. Xantham Gum and the like are not needed at all.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
What she said. :p I found out by accident that I was gluten intolerant. Going on a low carb diet to lose a few pounds, and then having gluten since I was hungry and didn't have anything LC prepared. I was sick for 4 days. I was not a gluten or carb junkie though. If I do have gluten products now, it is alwasy sourdough, but that is not very often since i still have close to 20 lbs to lose.

The only health complaint i have right now is sinus problems. After being on many different meds for over 20 years, the list kept growing. Now I am med free,and feeling great.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Don't stop eating gluten before you are tested. They now have a simple blood test to see if you are celiac, but you must be currently eating gluten for the test to work.

After I went off gluten - same deal - like getting food poisoning! People wonder how I went from being an "everything looks like a sandwich" person to completely gluten free. When you really ARE celiac it is easy... after the first puke fest.

On the good side. I really truly DO feel a ton better!! No more acid reflux daily. More energy and just generally better health. If I had to do it over .. I would be gluten free. :)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Don't stop eating gluten before you are tested. They now have a simple blood test to see if you are celiac, but you must be currently eating gluten for the test to work.

After I went off gluten - same deal - like getting food poisoning! People wonder how I went from being an "everything looks like a sandwich" person to completely gluten free. When you really ARE celiac it is easy... after the first puke fest.

On the good side. I really truly DO feel a ton better!! No more acid reflux daily. More energy and just generally better health. If I had to do it over .. I would be gluten free. :)
I did not get tested. Did not have the money to do so.
I tested myself by going gluten free for two weeks, then purposfully eating some gluten.
Sicker then a dog for 3 days as a result.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Wow, I think I need to try this gluten free thing, so much of whats been said rings bells all around. :th

I'm so not educated enough on the subject.... I need to read!!

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If you want to get tested by a medical doctor, definitely don't go G-free. The blood tests that they currently have are very finicky, and are not very sensitive. Then, there is an endoscopy- Docs probably won't diagnose without the endoscopy (they look at the lining of your intestines).

There is a lab doing Stool based testing-where you can be g-free/g-less and still get tested (The can also test for other intolerances that have poor blood test methods). Many insurances will reimburse for the test as well.

www.enterolab.com

When we get back on our feet, I might consider doing this for our family, but since we already know what a difference a g-free diet makes, it might just be so I can say FOR SURE that I (we) have it.

Latest posts