Lady Henevere: Year in review

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would yell at her too. That could attract other animals not to mention who knows how often she is doing it. Plus leaving her TP. There are incontinence products that can be bought and used. There is no reason whatsoever to use someone's bushes. I don't care how old you are.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For starter's = ewww gross. I would of freaked on her bigtime. thats just nasty.

But just saying, My DH pees all over our yard, and it doesnt hurt a thing. Its said to actually keep the possums away, but we still get em.

The difference is it is our yard we are peeing in. Not the neighbors. Now the baring her butt and leaving dirty TP says a lot about her mental status. If you see her trying it again I would threaten to call the police and let her know your yard is not her toilet.

We have no trespassing signs all over our yard that are great, because we could actually press charges on someone if they tried that in our yard.

But I think you were right on. you werent cruel, and you let her know that you disapproved. Its your bush, so its your say so.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
it's also possible she has dementia? If you can find out where she comes from, you might be able to talk with some of her family.

I've been finding out that my mom did a lot of things around the neighborhood that I didn't know about when I was taking care of her- she was in her own home and I visited daily. Like the time the neighbors found her rooting in their fridge- and she only had a t shirt on, nothing else. I wish people had told me what was happening, as I would have moved her into the nursing home a lot sooner if I had known.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't think she had dementia; she seemed to know where she was and what she was doing. I think she either thought it was just fine to do what she did (possible, she was from another culture and I have no idea what the practices are there), or it was a real emergency.

framing fowl said:
What to do if it happens again in the future? I don't know on that one.
Do they make motion-controlled sprinklers? :lol: If not, they should.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I think you handled it just fine. I have given some of my own "liquid nitrogen" to my plants sometimes- but not in somebody else's yard. Strange.

They have motion activated lights, and I'm sure the activating sensor could turn on a sprinkler just as easily.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LH,

I've been stewing over replying to your "question of the day" all day.

We had kinda the same thing happen when we first moved to our place.

Your setting it totally different than ours as we've settled a piece of raw land in between two small towns but when we first put up our mailbox, we had a flux of what seemed liked "we're lost out of curiosity" typed turn arounds at the end of our driveway.

Now, we moved here for privacy, not interested in other peeps' curiosity, and we put up "No Tresspassing" signs at the end of the driveway to let it be known.

One night when doc was home, he's cooking dinner and we noticed headlights at the end of the driveway. It wasn't quite dusk yet and it's a pick-up. They pull in, passenger gets out and proceeds to urinate in our yard. I look at over at doc, he looks back at me...he walks out the door and hollers. "It's a good thing I'm home, the wife woulda taken a shot at ya!".

Haven't had as many turn-arounds at the end of the driveway since! :gig

I'm really not all that anti-social but, if your gonna use my yard as a turn-around, atleast introduce yourself, in a nice way ;)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
there are motion activated watering systems that are used as deer repellants (or whatever you would call it).