Laundry tip

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I looked at Hobby Lobby today and picked up a small bottle of scent that they add to candles when making them. The cashier said I could bring it back if it wasn't the right thing. :fl

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
essential oils can be found at any health food store! they have tons of fragrances.

also a craft store like Michaels or Linens and Things should have them in their "soapmaking" sections. Near the melt and pour type hobby soaps should be oils for use with soaps. Granted they are probably fragrance oils but I have used those in soap and they are fine.

I buy bulk out of California...a company that handles wholesale busy only. I buy like $1,500 worth of oils when I make an order, but it sounds like alot, but it lasts and it makes me money..HA HA

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep, much cheaper in bulk! You can do a search online and find several places that sell bulk. Just be careful to bargain shop, as some of them are just way overpriced!

As for using essential oils in laundry detergent? If the detergent is any good it will break up the carrier oil and the scent you are trying for won't stay in your clothing. I tried this myself and it was a waste of high priced EO! The FelsNaptha smells good enough on its own to use without extra scents, IMO.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
If you like some or all of your laundry scented, another option (instead of trying to scent it in the machine, diluted out by all that water) is to just put a scented sachet in the drawer (or whatever) where the article(s) are stored. Can be nice for linens, for instance. Probably a lot cheaper too I would guess.

Just a thought,

Pat, not actually into the whole scented laundry thing, but related to people who are :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh I know they say you can use essential oils in laundry and such...but the price...no way spending that money there..LOL

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I knoe EO was mentioned in the recipe I use but I haven't ever tried it. I was curious how it would do. But your right about the FelsNaptha scent. I already like that scent. Well I guess I could go tomorrow and get my money back lol. Thanks for letting me know how it breaks up like that.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
If you like some or all of your laundry scented, another option (instead of trying to scent it in the machine, diluted out by all that water) is to just put a scented sachet in the drawer (or whatever) where the article(s) are stored. Can be nice for linens, for instance. Probably a lot cheaper too I would guess.

Just a thought,

Pat, not actually into the whole scented laundry thing, but related to people who are :p
Anyone ever make lavender wands for this purpose? They are really pretty and last a long while!