Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Busy day. Many aches and pains to add to yesterday's aches and pains, But, they are happy aches and pains. Hubby helped me: put together the 2 frames that were treated with shou-sugi-ban. Each frame is about 75 x 31" with a 2" wood tab that sticks up at each corner. So that... when the next frame is set on top, it is held in place by the tabs. We made the frame for a chicken tractor that will fit on top of either of these frames. I have hdw. cloth that was saved from the other tractor to finish the new tractor. (which will be painted white) Next, I'll make frames that will hold patio door screens or glass. And a frame with curved top ( 2 x 4 welded fencing) which may be hinged.) That frame will require some cogitation, b/c I want to be able to cover the fencing with either greenhouse plastic or remay/shade cloth.

I also started digging up one of the new beds in new garden area. Unfortunately, the TroyBilt is buried at back of the garage, and I can't get it out b/c the chicken brooders are in the way... Though... I'm re-thinking that idea, and actually may be able to move the chick brooder to get the TroyBilt out. That would save a LOT of work! And... time is in such very short supply right now.

Tonight, I cooked BBQ chicken, broccoli with cheese sauce, and Gary added Tater Tots to the meal. Such an ambrosia of flavors!!!

I like tater tots, don't be knocking them.now...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Great video with discussion about current times and the Corona Virus. If Jesus is an offense to you, please do not bother to open the link. Current times and the Corona Virus

I guess I have to ask... Why would Jesus be offensive to anyone? I heard he's pretty humble, loving, forgiving kind of guy. People may not realize it, but out of all the religions of the world, Jesus is the only one who conquered death. So how can a savior save you, if they couldn't even save themselve? Hummm... Some pretty deep thoughts right there, hu?

Jesus is my Lord and Christ. he is not at all offensive, to me. As a matter of fact I put my faith and trust in him.

Look I raised 11 productive kids and I'm still sane (although somewhat questioable sometimes) do you really think I did that on my own? Nah... Jesus and my wife sure did help an aweful lot. When I was dangling at the end of my emotional rope, the Holy Spirit we was there to catch me. Dust me off, stand me back up and point me in the right direction. I love talking about Jesus. Jesus is alright by me. But if your focused on Jesus your only getting part of the goodness, there's the Father, Lord and the Son, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, Christ you put them all together and you have the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Or you have Lord Jesus Christ. Who came to this world to bear your sins, save you and make you clean.

Have you ever stopped to wonder why Jesus will cast your sins as far as the east is from the West? Why not north to south? Well if you jump in a air plane and head due north or due south you will eventually cross the North or South magnetic pole and be heading in the opposite direction. So north and south does have an end. But east and west does not. That's some more deep thoughts right there again hu?

Remember God is Love. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great post, Creal. I know plenty of people who cringe at the mention of Jesus! So, based on that, I made that comment. Jesus Christ is my LORD, SAVIOR, my entire reason for being. AND, I will proclaim that till my dying breath. Jesus is exactly who He stated He is in the Bible: God, born of a virgin, fully human, yet fully God, lived and died a sinless life, so that he could pay the sin ransom to reunite any sinful man, who would accept His substitutionary atonement death on the cross to pay for that sin, and complete a bridge for communion and relationship with God.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ducklings are hatching. I'm finally feeling human after 2 days of migraines and upset stomach.

Still vicious cold, with whistling winds. Yet, I hope to get ducklings (older ones) out for some sunshine and fresh air. Older chicks have spent 2 nights in the old coop. They're not happy. But... they'll come around. They still have their MHP.

New chicks in basement garage with their MHP. They're finally learning that there IS a world beyond the border of their MHP!

New ducklings still hatching. I have a lady who is planning to p/u 5 of them tomorrow.

32 chicken eggs set yesterday morning. Incubator still inching up to temp. When ducklings vacate other bator, I can set an other 2 dozen.

Time to get planting in the garden, in spite of nasty cold and likely frosts.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
First one: styrofoam box upcycled from pet store (they ship tropical fish in them). 2 light bulbs (40W) for heat source, bimetal thermostat, computer fan. Second one: Picnic cooler. Same heat source, Ink Bird digital thermostat, $5 personal fan from Walmart.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

In other words... Where there is love, so is there the spirit of God.

Imagine if you will for just a moment, a world without love. It would be hell.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
An other hatch day has come and gone. 18 duck eggs set. 1 early quitter. 2 died in shell after lock down. 12 hatched well, without incident. 3 had dry membranes/shrink wrapping, so they required assistance. The last one of those had a minor umbilical hernia. After spending most of an extra day in the incubator, those last 3 are catching up to their siblings. I expect that in an other few days, I'll not even know which ones they were. 6 ducklings have already been sent to their new home.