Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh what a blessed day! We've had some spring like weather this last week. Up above freezing during the day. I've been able to get out into the yard, pull some leaves out of the trailer to enrich the bedding in the chicken coop and run. Walked in the garden (even if it was covered with snow and ice! And even went out for a walk. Balm to my weary soul.
Pretty nice here today also, partly sunny ☀️ and around 50 degrees. My wife and I worked outside some of the day.

Since it looks like the turkey hens are going to go into lay soon. We booted our layers and roos out to free range now. That way the turkeys can have some privacy. We also hay'ed in the coop and put a little brooding house in coop for the turkeys to lay their clutches in. 5 turkeys in a 12'x20' should be sufficient enough space, don't you think? 🤔

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I always tell hubby when I go outside after dark, or when the weather is brutally cold. tonight was no different. Usually, totally uneventful.... Until I went in the duck house to settle them for the night, and closed the door to keep the wind out while I did the duck chores... When I pulled the release latch to open the door... I was left with the latch in my hand, and the door very tightly locked shut. Lots of screaming... lots of fiddling with the windows... more screaming... results: Maggie standing there barking at me, and 5 ducks standing there, staring at me, saying, "What the duck???" Finally, i decided to try the back door, which I'd never been able to open before b/c the frame and door were out of alignment. God is good! The cold weather and ice resulted in the building shifting out of alignment... so the door could now be opened. More blessings: not enough snow to block the door shut. I wasn't missed.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
At least it waS the duck house and not a chicken coop. Those little velociraptors would eat you in your sleep