Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Trellis up for remaining squash plants. Also trying something new with summer squash: trying to train them up a 5' grading stake. First 2 plants positioned today, I have 2 more stakes that I can use, as well, and if it seems to work w/o too much work, I'll cut some more saplings for the rest of the plants. My back is singing the blues.
Wife picked the first straight neck summer squash yesterday. She was happy happy happy. I just went out to the garden and picked 2 straight neck summer squash and handed them to my wife. She said where did those come from? I pointed to the garden. She said how? I just checked the garden yesterday. I said well you might just want to check everyday now.

Poor lady has no idea what she's in for... I planted a 50' row each of straight neck summer squash, zucchini & butternut squash. All the squash plants are flowing profusely. I already have pity on my wife and all my neighbors too 🤣

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wife picked the first straight neck summer squash yesterday. She was happy happy happy. I just went out to the garden and picked 2 straight neck summer squash and handed them to my wife. She said where did those come from? I pointed to the garden. She said how? I just checked the garden yesterday. I said well you might just want to check everyday now.

Poor lady has no idea what she's in for... I planted a 50' row each of straight neck summer squash, zucchini & butternut squash. All the squash plants are flowing profusely. I already have pity on my wife and all my neighbors too 🤣

:epYou might need to humbly ask your wife for forgiveness. Or, you might want to get used to late night canning sessions with her. And, you just might need to go to church twice on Sunday. ;)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:epYou might need to humbly ask your wife for forgiveness. Or, you might want to get used to late night canning sessions with her. And, you just might need to go to church twice on Sunday. ;)
Here's what she picked yesterday.one poor lil lonely squash.
IMG_20210721_131149805.jpg

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nice peppers. Today, I got a bowl of green beans (bush). Oh how I hate bush beans. They are a pain in the neck to pick, and they are always dirty. But, I thank God that I planted them this year b/c a rodent mowed down 1/2 of my pole beans, just as they are starting to put on a crop. I've had one sweet pepper, more coming, but the harvest is gonna be limited. Jalapenos are making a decent showing. And summer squash... needs picking. I'm trying to trellis it this year, got 2 plants started up a stake today. (patty pan) 2 qt. of raspberries today. Hoping to make dilly beans and raspberry jam.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice peppers. Today, I got a bowl of green beans (bush). Oh how I hate bush beans. They are a pain in the neck to pick, and they are always dirty. But, I thank God that I planted them this year b/c a rodent mowed down 1/2 of my pole beans, just as they are starting to put on a crop. I've had one sweet pepper, more coming, but the harvest is gonna be limited. Jalapenos are making a decent showing. And summer squash... needs picking. I'm trying to trellis it this year, got 2 plants started up a stake today. (patty pan) 2 qt. of raspberries today. Hoping to make dilly beans and raspberry jam.
Can I come over for supper?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It’s hard to preserve squash for winter. Frozen, it becomes mush. I’m not crazy about it canned either. I’ve tried dehydrated, to use for noodles in pasta dishes, but didn’t like that either.
But I have a Keto low/ no carb lasagna recipe where you make your own noodles and it is delicious.

3 large eggs
1 cup shredded mozzarella
2 1/2 cups cauliflower rice.

beat eggs, stir in mozzarella and cauliflower rice. Cover a half size cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour mixture over parchment paper and spread to 1/4” deep. Bake at 350* for 25 minutes or until golden.

Let cool 10 minutes, cut into noodle strips and make your lasagna.

NOW! My stroke of genius! I’m gonna substitute shredded zucchini for the cauliflower rice! I’m making lasagna today!

I’m going to shred the zucchini I put in the freezer. I add it to soups and chili as a thickener. As it simmers, the zucchini dissapates and you usually don’t even know it’s in there. I can also make zucchini bread and now, noodles!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score