Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’ve got mine in the dehydrator, I tuned it off at bedtime last night. I’ll bag them up today.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I heard through the grape vine that the best restaurant in town finally has reopened from the COVID shutdown. So I decided to surprise my wife and take her for a nice sit-down dinner.

When we arrived we were told we had to have a reservation via Google. I'm like what?

We stopped using Google/Chrome over a year ago due to censorship of search results and how Chrome used our search results to display ads on websites we visited. It felt to us that google was nothing but a "big creeper" and Google was most definitely not our friend.

We removed/deactivated chrome/google and now only use duckduckgo for search engine and Ad Block Pro for web browser. No more censorship and no more "creeper" 👍

The restaurant reservation system was so intergated with google, it would not work in duck duck go. I voiced my conserned to the manger, well more like I, lit into him with an ear full. My wife had some not so nice things to say about their reservation system that I won't repeat here. If you think I'm vocal, I laugh at you. I'm tame compared to my wife. She does not tolerate fools or errant nonsense (I ❤️ my wife). All of this resulted in us being seated without a reservation.

The restaurant was the same as before it closed, but squeaky clean. I seen familiar wait staff, however there was some new staff I never seen before. The same piano player playing. But oh my Lord, the food was absolutely horrible! My wife had to send her steak back twice to have it cooked medium well. My steak came out luke warm, the cut of meat was of very low quality and had little to no flavor. Both our baked sweet potatoes came out under cooked and hard.

I said to the manger, what's the point of eating here when the dinner was hardly cooked, flavorless and low quality cuts of beef and have to send it back twice to get it right. I cook better steak on my BBQ grill, this is pathetic and shameful even. I then told the manager what used to be a A+ restaurant is now a D, the only reason it's not a F is because our waitress. We won't be returning, until you learn how to cook food again. He first played the "because of COVID, we had to replace the kitchen staff" excuse, which I was having no part of. I told him I'm done with COVID, I've moved on, I don't want to hear it. Then he insisted on removing our dinners from our bill. I said no, we eat our dinners, I'm not a cheapskate. Then he offered us free dessert, I said no again, I'm not here for hand outs. Just bring the check please. So we got the bill, with our dinners removed. I found the manager and told him, why do you keep insisting on insulting me, do I not speak clear english? what is the problem? We finally got the full bill and paid it. We left a nice tip for our waitress, because she was great.

I could end this post with pages of a massive rants of truth, but I won't. But I will say what long term affects have these lock downs done to the Children? That's my main consern, the Children! No one ever mentions the Childern, why is that?

I hope we always remember and never forget! 9/11 is simply no comparison to the damage done by 15 days to slow the spread. You remember, don't you?
Screenshot_20210812-111837.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed my chats with some of the folks I've met on SS. But, it's time for me to move on. I will not stay on a forum that censors freedom of speech. It's especially galling to know that I was censored for a post, but have no idea what the post was, nor what my grievous sin was. So, I am left to speculate. If I am censored for speaking freely about Jesus Christ, then... there is no apology there. Jesus Christ is my reason for being. If I am censored for speaking out against the many lies being spread by MSM at this time: Again... I have absolutely nothing to apologize for. Freedom of speech must be a 2 way street. If it is not, then it's really not freedom, is it? So, I leave you with this wisdom:

Matthew 7: 7-8 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

John 8:32

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

There is nothing more important in this life than to prepare for the next life. For, every soul is eternal. and that eternal destination is determined by the one decision we make in this life regarding: "Who is Jesus Christ?"

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, @CrealCritter post was apparently removed or something. I can see it, but can't comment on it. Looks like This Site is headed for another implosion. I'm tired of it, and I'm moving on too. Got too much else going on in my life to worry about being politically and religiously correct. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife and Daughter In Law picked 2nd picking after the sun got low enough to shade the garden. We'll probably get 1 or 2 more pickings of peppers this season. Daughter in law is smart, she knows to bring paper bags and a laundry basket 😂 I guess she wanted a few tomatoes also. She better bring more than a laundry basket when they pick the tomatoes.
Screenshot_20210808-140434~2.png

Screenshot_20210812-201302~2.png

Screenshot_20210812-201249~2.png

The amazing thing... First year garden, no soil tests, no soil admendments, no fertilizer, no spraying for bugs. This is what it means to live in the "fruited plain!" Don't be afraid.. it's ok to sing along, it won't hurt none, I promise.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, @CrealCritter post was apparently removed or something. I can see it, but can't comment on it. Looks like This Site is headed for another implosion. I'm tired of it, and I'm moving on too. Got too much else going on in my life to worry about being politically and religiously correct. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
You said a mouthful. People are leaving here again. I learned a lot here and I’m sad on the turn of events.
SS for most of us is precisely because we don’t trust the way this country is being governed, we know we’d better take care of ourselves and families. Political leaders are the reason for the downward slide. But we can’t talk about that. Our faith is our comfort, we can’t talk about that either. I understand forum rules, politics and religion are great ways to start arguments. But how to separate current events from preparing for whatever is coming at us? Open borders, a man made/enhanced virus that is killing many, the vaccine is no better, lockdowns, shortages….
The United Nations Agenda 2021 is here. Agenda 2030 is on the way. How to prepare and survive such evil? Well, we can’t talk about that.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bay, you know where you can find, Me, as well as Bee, and Lisa. Hope to see you there. That is one place where I am free to be me without someone becoming offended at who I am.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You said a mouthful. People are leaving here again. I learned a lot here and I’m sad on the turn of events.
SS for most of us is precisely because we don’t trust the way this country is being governed, we know we’d better take care of ourselves and families. Political leaders are the reason for the downward slide. But we can’t talk about that. Our faith is our comfort, we can’t talk about that either. I understand forum rules, politics and religion are great ways to start arguments. But how to separate current events from preparing for whatever is coming at us? Open borders, a man made/enhanced virus that is killing many, the vaccine is no better, lockdowns, shortages….
The United Nations Agenda 2021 is here. Agenda 2030 is on the way. How to prepare and survive such evil? Well, we can’t talk about that.
Very well said... And obviously straight from the heart.👍