Learn to live without the Internet!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Well, it TSHTF by way of dirty bomb, nuclear bomb, financial breakdown, solar flares...and the list goes on...all our modern conveniences will be down...really, do you think the electric grid is going to keep running though any of those?, it has a hundred excuses for brown outs and black outs now:>)

If you think about it, it's the electric grid that does all the failing now...
Half those things I may not even be alive to worry about it. The other half, I am prepared for.

But, I'm not going to live like it has already happened. That wouldn't make sense. I figure my parents will pass before I do, but I am not going to ignore them while they are alive...it just does not make any sense to be SOOOO worried about "what if" to stop living the "right now." That's all I'm saying. :hu

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
bluestar-ranch said:
Soon, very soon you will be able to "copy/duplicate store and transport your soul/being" to other dimentions or places/time.... We are in a game people and the Interent is the porthole! So now you see why it will be controled.
I will just learn to "live" as a person.. I am tired of playing this game... its not fun anymore. I will just pretend the Interent does not exist! and enjoy my ranch!
:rolleyes:

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MoreCabin and Wannabefree, i think you both have valid points.I don't have much faith in our power grid, and it wouldn't take uch to knock it out.Thats way i like canning as opposed to freezing foods.Its alot more work, but at least it won't thaw and rot if you don't cook it and eat it fast enough.I think power failures are going to be more common, if solar were only more affordable.
I think technology is over rated as well and will speed bad things as well as good along faster..! Just think, what would those terrorist do without the internet..?
I suppose they could use carrier pigeons to get their jobs done...! Your both right, technology, refrig., freezers, TV's....bye bye...!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
MorelCabin said:
Well, it TSHTF by way of dirty bomb, nuclear bomb, financial breakdown, solar flares...and the list goes on...all our modern conveniences will be down...really, do you think the electric grid is going to keep running though any of those?, it has a hundred excuses for brown outs and black outs now:>)

If you think about it, it's the electric grid that does all the failing now...
Half those things I may not even be alive to worry about it. The other half, I am prepared for.

But, I'm not going to live like it has already happened. That wouldn't make sense. I figure my parents will pass before I do, but I am not going to ignore them while they are alive...it just does not make any sense to be SOOOO worried about "what if" to stop living the "right now." That's all I'm saying. :hu
I hear you:>) And I am living right now too...lol...enjoying all my modern conveniences...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I think it would be kind of neat if everyone had to do without electricity or running water for a year to see how they work out the problems inherit with that kind of living.

Once you've done it, it would not come as such a shock or such an inconvenience if it happens involuntarily.

Just a thought..... :p

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes, well there there are the people who stock up on storebought canned goods that only own an electric can opener.. I just seen my first one the other day at Goodwill.. Had no idea what it was at first.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Yes, well there there are the people who stock up on storebought canned goods that only own an electric can opener.. I just seen my first one the other day at Goodwill.. Had no idea what it was at first.
:lol: Heaven forbid that anyone has to do "real work", LOL!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My daughter has learned to open her cans with a butter knife and a boot...LOL! I bought her a can opener for Christmas...and I am not giving it before then either, it is too fun to watch her open them her way :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
My daughter has learned to open her cans with a butter knife and a boot...LOL! I bought her a can opener for Christmas...and I am not giving it before then either, it is too fun to watch her open them her way :lol:
That's why I never go without a cheap pocket knife! Morel, you are so mean!!! :lol: :lol:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Nope, can't do it!!!
I've been without my computer for several days now. My mouse stopped working!!! Major withdrawals here!!! Finally tracked down another mouse, for free, but it had a different Plug-in thingy than my old one, so I had to go get another thingy today to make it work!!!! Used my "spare" change to buy it!!!

Whew, I am back on line :lol: :p