Leftover Sqished Taters

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
For whatever it's worth I've frozen mashed potatoes all 3 ways and it's been fine (though sometimes requiring a bit of adjustment and re-mashing after thawing).

In fact my problem is that since I tend to use up the second half of 5 lb bags of potatoes that way (mash for freezer) I have a LOT of frozen mashed potatoes but keep buying more fresh b/c I want them for home fries and potroast and so forth :p

Have fun (btw, the phrase "squished taters" for some reason makes me really hungry and want to drool :p)

Pat

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
when I saw squished potatoes, I thought of your recipe (Pat) for the potatoes with bread or something. Where was that, or what was it called so I can search it.

I have a hankering for that!

eta found it!! search Penna. I will be saving my smashed potatoes for this!!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Post #3 above has the link :)

Hm, I am making pot roast tonight, I wonder how it would be with potato stuffing on the side...

Pat

phox01

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
you might try old fashioned german potato candy , does not use much of the potatoes but my kids loved it when they were little.

1 cup mashed potatoes
powdered sugar
peanut butter

mix potatoes with powdered sugar until a dough forms , takes a lot of sugar!!!
roll out in a rectangle , cover with peanut butter , roll into a log and cut off slices , about 1/2 inch , refrigerate and enjoy

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:welcome
phox01 said:
you might try old fashioned german potato candy , does not use much of the potatoes but my kids loved it when they were little.

1 cup mashed potatoes
powdered sugar
peanut butter

mix potatoes with powdered sugar until a dough forms , takes a lot of sugar!!!
roll out in a rectangle , cover with peanut butter , roll into a log and cut off slices , about 1/2 inch , refrigerate and enjoy
:drool sounds good!