Leg cramps

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Can anything be done for them?

I seem to have spurts where I will get leg cramps when I am a sleep. They use to be in my right leg and they have shifted to my left leg and seem to be worse. This morning I had cramps from !#!#. It was so bad that I actually was a bit dizzy and thought I would throw up. That's never happened before. Everyone tells me to eat more bananas. They do nothing. My mil swears by vitamin d.

My leg is still a bit sore. It even was a pain in the butt to clutch while driving, and it isn't like I am driving around the Chicago area anymore (our traffic was heavier this week because of the farm tech show in town, but that isn't saying much for traffic after living around Chicago for 7 years).

Thanks.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
If it is a potassium deficiency, drink coconut water, it has twice the potassium as a bananna.

If it is a vitamin D deficiency, take pure fermented cod liver supplements, not the grocery store vitamin D.

Other than that I have no clue! :lol: Let's let the real health experts chime in, I just play one on TV. :lol:

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
If it is a potassium deficiency, drink coconut water, it has twice the potassium as a bananna.

If it is a vitamin D deficiency, take pure fermented cod liver supplements, not the grocery store vitamin D.

Other than that I have no clue! :lol: Let's let the real health experts chime in, I just play one on TV. :lol:
I've never heard of coconut water. What is it?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Oh, it is the stuff inside of the coconut. I would have said milk, but the milk sorta different, made by using the pulp of coconut. I just picked up a 24 pack of coconut water at Costco. It is gaining popularity so you might find it in the grocery store too. OR you could just buy coconuts, drill a few holes in them and pour the 'water' out, or stick a straw in. It is isotonic in that state. (Not sure if it is isotonic when packed into a container or not.)

Then toss the coconut(s) into a 350 degree oven until they crack, then you can pull it apart and enjoy the coconut meat.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
A good calcium complex can help....a GOOD one. Also, I've recently heard from reliable sources (mom's friend told her, she tried it, and told me it worked :p) that a tsp of any type of mustard will stop a cramp immediately.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
When I was pregnant w/my DD, I was getting leg cramps at night. My doctor told me to drink a glass of milk B4 I went to bed. It worked.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
freemotion said:
A good calcium complex can help....a GOOD one. Also, I've recently heard from reliable sources (mom's friend told her, she tried it, and told me it worked :p) that a tsp of any type of mustard will stop a cramp immediately.
Mustard?? Cool!

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You might want to have a blood test done to see what your levels actually are if you're able. Otherwise it will just be a hit and miss on what the actual cause is if its a dietary defficiency.

Otherwise a whole body regular stretching routine (but specifically your calves and lower body) might also help. If you google pics of gastroc stretching it would be easier than explaining it :) Sometimes just tightness can cause cramping. It's something you may need to try for a while before you notice a difference though.

Any hormonal or activity changes lately?

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Any recommendations on a good calcium complex?

Latest posts