Let's bring in some new members!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It's because if I ever shut up this whole place would lock down Jamie :lol: :gig

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Joel_BC said:
Boogity said:
Same here. I never read the journals.
I come here to learn and share ideas for self sufficiency and certainly not to read someone's personal journal. As a result I find myself checking in here about once a week for only a few minutes. In my opinion we have totally lost a great website discussion group.
Since several people have said this, I'll suggest something. I think it's great that people living an SS lifestyle - whether in town, suburb, city, or in the country - have a place to host their journals about their lives. And to the journalists I'd say: when you have a bit of experience that you're posting about in your journal that could provide some help for others who log-onto this site, why not also post it either in an existing thread that treats that type of topic, or start a new thread on the topic? Sometimes all that would require would be a simple "copy & paste" from what you've written for your journal.

That way, you keep your journal going for the people who like to participate in that with you, and you provide good info for the SS members to don't ever or consistently read journals here.
From a personal journaling perspective, my journal is as much a record for myself as it is for others to read--especially since hardly anyone reads it. Mine is only about my progress toward being more self-sufficient--lots of photos, gardening plans and timelines, recipes and canning discoveries, projects on the go etc.

I don't feel that any of it really warrants its own post, it all belongs together as a collection and a history of where I've been on this journey. No worries if no one reads it because it is really a personal thing :)

I do try to change my thread title to indicate what I've posted most recently, in order to catch the eye of anyone who might like to read it though.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The journals are fine, they serve various purposes. The writers and responders enjoy them.

If some journaling members feel like copying and pasting into a new or existing thread, well that's great.

I posted the OP in relation to another issue, though: simply that our group of regulars here is fairly small and maybe we can figure out how to encourage other people to try SS.com out and maybe get invovled.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that it's kidding season for those with goats. I was helping a neighbor for a week or so, now she is super busy caring for them plus selling.

Rachiebabes

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just joined this forum and this is my first post. Looking forward to hearing from you all and sharing too,

Rachiebabes x:)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rachiebabes said:
Hi guys,

I have just joined this forum and this is my first post. Looking forward to hearing from you all and sharing too,

Rachiebabes x:)
And welcome from Kansas! :frow

Please take a moment to start a new thread to introduce yourself on the 'where are you' (or whatever it's called) area of the forum topics. There probably are some members that won't read any more on this thread.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
maybe also more and more are cancelling internet due to no money :)

I tell ya it is getting expensive out there!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
maybe also more and more are cancelling internet due to no money :)

I tell ya it is getting expensive out there!
I guess that could be. Just curious, FC, how much does it cost you (monthly) to remain online?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not sure gotta break it down
I have the cable tv, internet and phone and wireless cell all in a bundle. it isn't cheap but it isn't over the top I believe for interent only.
I don't even see the bill. heck I can't remember cause it just draws automatically from my acct. haven't checked in a bit. might be time to see if I need to change it up :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I know something I'd like to see, and I'm sure I'm not the only one is a forum just for general conversations. There's no real place to put anything like that.