Let's bring in some new members!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Joel_BC said:
Personally, I'm not out to eliminate any activity in the SS. I'd rather see more activity in some of the topic forums where more technical discussion would add value.
Great points! It's VERY tricky trying to create a place that is all things to all people and excluding things that all people don't like. We spend an enormous amount of time deciding which categories and sections to have, how to organize them, the rules, etc. We've been running forums for over 12 years... we're not perfect by any means, but I know I personally spend at least 6+ hours a day interacting with forums, talking to other forum owners, researching forums, etc.

We LOVE that we have a great core group of great peeps here, and we look forward to new friends joining and other friends coming back to update us on how they are doing!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
For me, the journals are a way to learn more about people, learn what they're doing that might be different than what I'm doing and learn from them. Plus, it's a way to keep track of what I've done so I can keep track of it. When you're discouraged when it seems like you're not making any progress, it can be very helpful to go back and read over your journal and see the progress you've made, as well as the encouragement and help you've been giving.