livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh and with everything else i forgot to post about how my sister asked if my youngest daughter could come over the day before thanksgiving and help get her house and some of the prep work on some of the cooking ready. (she has 4 kids of her own between ages of 8-19) becouse her kids wouldnt lift a finger to help. CAN WE SAY SPOILED? they have 2 stacks of DS games each @ 2-3 ft tall. so i say " wow you have a lot of games" and they say "well, that sstack is the ones we have lost and that stack is the ones we have" :ep WHAT?????? and i know they have to get the new games the day they come out- and that most of them were $50.00+ EACH! and they lost them, and she just bought them new ones? oh heck no! i asked my youngest 2 daughters in front of them "what would happen if you lost a game?" and they looked at her kids and said we would be sol. her son was playing their playstation 3 and got mad st the game and kicked the player and broke it so she bought them a new one for christmas- A $300.00 PLAYER! YIKES!

so my daughter went to her house to help cause her kids wouldnt get off their butts!!!!!!!!!

sometimes i feel bad that my kids have so much to do, but then i see her kids and think wow. this is our future!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Odd - very odd. I don't blame you for checking the the firepower. I occasionally get folks stopping by to see if I've got chickens or goats for sale. Sometimes just by looking at the person you can tell that they're up to no good. If I get a bad feeling about 'em I send 'em packing.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Always go with your instincts, I say. Maybe your horseshoer should keep an eye out too... seems weird.

As soon as your sister asked for help, I'd have said "Sure! DD could use some extra spending money!" Hey, if she forks over that kind of cash for games/systems, she can afford to pay your daughter to do what her own kids won't! I must admit, DS#2 has a Wii. and an XBOX 360, and lots of games. We DID NOT buy any of it though. He works odd jobs, gets paid to do extra jobs around here, and saves any birthday/Christmas money he gets. While I personally think they are foolish investments, he is allowed to 'waste' a percentage of his money on whatever he wants.
I usually feel bad for selfish, thoughtless kids. Honestly, they didn't develop those behaviors on their own, and when the time comes for them to stand on their own two feet, they are going to have a rough go of it. Then again, after five minutes around kids like that, I start doing this :barnie :lol:

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yah, i have to admit that my kids do have a wii that they got last year for christmas-i bought it used from a friend of my oldest daughter for $25.00, and they have 4 games for it(all bought used). and they each have a gameboy ds, and several games (bought secondhand) and some with their own money. and if they would loose one, they wont get another. but my sisters kids all have their oun rooms, each one has a tv, dvd, and this year theyre each getting a blue ray player. sometimes i think i want to be one of her kids!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My hubby and I didn't agree on that kind of stuff. One year against my wishes and advice, he bought each of the kids their own TV and computer. I told him if he did that that we wouldn't be able to control what they watched or their time on line. He didn't believe me, but it happened just like I said. Then, every time a new game system came out, he HAD to get that for them. And, he didn't make them do chores. I'd tell them to do something and he'd stop them.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they have had the wii for 11 months and i think they have played it 10 times. they havent even asked for new games. they do play their ds, but only after the chores are done. i have only had to take them away 2X. they know mom means it. they learned thet lesson the day they came home and there was no dish- i called and had it unhooked. they have asked if i will hook it back up and i told them yah...after they all move out. ;)

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OMG my cold has turned into an evil flu!!!!!! cant stop throwing up, head hurts, and i am sooooo cold!!!!! my house is 80 degrees and i took a 40 min hot shower and my teeth are still chattering. i broke down and turned on my heating blanket. funny thing is that i woke up feeling better from my cold! then about noon SURPRISE! no one else is sick....yet. and if hubby dont quite being a rude PITA. i WILL kill him. he is mad now cause i said i aint fixen dinner. if he gets sick- watch out.:he:he:he:he

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope you feel better, soon.

Sometimes I get cold and can't get warm-even after taking a hot shower. About the only thing that works is to drink some hot tea and get under a bunch of blankets. On rare occasions, I have to use an electric throw to warm up.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks- feeling a little better today. tummy is still upset, but not throwing up. slept with the heating blanket on all night- which is strange for me, i normaly turn it on and warm up the bed and turn it off.

and i swear my husband is going threw menopause!